Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC Ladies trying to lose weight!!

1. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries

TTC Ladies trying to lose weight!!

Advertisements
    Since there seems to be quite a few of us I figured it warranted it's own thread! We can all post accomplishments and encouragement because I know that helps me

Feel free to post recipes or even just what you've had to eat for the day or your exercise for the day!

2. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Today I had a chobani flips for breakfast with a glass of water, for lunch I had left over steak from last night's dinner and a small salad also with a glass of water.

Not sure what's happening for dinner, I need to do something with chicken...

3. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Ugh I need to get on this wagon, I had chicken and rice for lunch with chips and a cookie carbs carbs carbs. I am a sweets and carbs junkie!

Once it cools down a little bit more DH and I were going to go walking in the afternoons again! Plus the pup can come walking again too since the roads won't burn his paws!

We're having Chicken Tacos for dinner which is actually a pretty low calorie recipe for you guys! It's just 2 lbs of chicken put in the crock pot with a jar of salsa (you can get any kind whichever you like!) and taco seasoning and you cook it down and shred the chicken and we eat the tacos on Mixla tortillas (corn/flour mix) but corn are always healthier tortillas! You can also add some things like corn, black beans, cilantro etc. to flavor it how you like! They're SO good.

4. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    Ugh I need to get on this wagon, I had chicken and rice for lunch with chips and a cookie carbs carbs carbs. I am a sweets and carbs junkie!

Once it cools down a little bit more DH and I were going to go walking in the afternoons again! Plus the pup can come walking again too since the roads won't burn his paws!

We're having Chicken Tacos for dinner which is actually a pretty low calorie recipe for you guys! It's just 2 lbs of chicken put in the crock pot with a jar of salsa (you can get any kind whichever you like!) and taco seasoning and you cook it down and shred the chicken and we eat the tacos on Mixla tortillas (corn/flour mix) but corn are always healthier tortillas! You can also add some things like corn, black beans, cilantro etc. to flavor it how you like! They're SO good.
    Oh I totally have a taco kit at home so I could do chicken tacos too...all I'd need to do is grab lettuce at the store That's quality!!

5. Senior Member
    When I get home I'll post my recipes that I've used the last few weeks. I also started advocare that helped me lose 6 pounds! Let me say that veggies still don't taste like cheese sticks from Arby's.
  6. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphindm04 View Post
    When I get home I'll post my recipes that I've used the last few weeks. I also started advocare that helped me lose 6 pounds! Let me say that veggies still don't taste like cheese sticks from Arby's.
    I really like veggies my problem is I get an insane sweet tooth sometimes and go overboard. I've been trying to find things that curb my sweet tooth without blowing my day and concentrating on not over doing it when I do have something sweet. The last time I went to see a nutritionist she told me not to focus on completely getting rid of anything sweet and not to always deny my cravings because that'll cause me to give up so I try to give in without screwing everything up.

7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    I really like veggies my problem is I get an insane sweet tooth sometimes and go overboard. I've been trying to find things that curb my sweet tooth without blowing my day and concentrating on not over doing it when I do have something sweet. The last time I went to see a nutritionist she told me not to focus on completely getting rid of anything sweet and not to always deny my cravings because that'll cause me to give up so I try to give in without screwing everything up.
    Do you have Instagram? I follow Dr. Charo. She posts amazing pictures and recipes of food that's actually good for you! I have yet to try her recipes, but her followers seem to love it. I think you would particularly like her dessert recipes because they are sweetened with dates, stevia, and coconut sugar instead of the regular granulated white.

She also created a recipe for tortillas made from cauliflower, so it's completely guilt-free! Someone commented that it didn't hold up, but that may be because they didn't squeeze enough water out of it. Cooking healthy takes some getting use to but if you change up your groceries list and stay encouraged, it will start to feel like second nature in no time! Practice eating clean and drink lots of water (if you drink enough water, your body won't retain it) and watch your waistline go down!

Good luck! Message me if you have questions!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Hey my ladies! I want to lose 10ish lbs so I'll join this thread!
  9. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

I got a lecture at my last checkup about how much weight I gained, so I need to lose 15-20 lbs minimum.

Oh, and we are officially TTC (my last ovulation window was last week) so we are good to go now...
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Bazinga* View Post
    I got a lecture at my last checkup about how much weight I gained, so I need to lose 15-20 lbs minimum.

Oh, and we are officially TTC (my last ovulation window was last week) so we are good to go now...
    My boss and I determined that if I had no boobs, I'd drop at least 20lbs instantly.
Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast