Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I could seriously cry right now...

1. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

I could seriously cry right now...

Advertisements
    So DH and I enrolled in his works health insurance plan because it was the best option for our family financially and just overall for what was covered. The thing is though that he works for the county and they recently switched insurance providers and because of this, my current OB/GYN does not accept the insurance plan we're enrolled in now so I can't go to my doctor that I've had for 5 years who delivered my first child because we cannot afford the out of pocket costs obviously

I'm so upset. I'm right in the middle of my clomid cycles too and I'm seriously freaking out because now I have to scramble to find a new doctor, make an appointment, explain to them everything that I've been doing with my current doctor and get my prescription verified and develop this new rapport with new doctor all by my next period (if I do start, I'm starting to pray I don't just because it would make things less stressful plus HEY finally pregnant ) or all of my clomid cycles I've done will pretty much be screwed up.

I'm just ugh. This is just stressing me out and I seriously want to just cry my eyeballs out right now.

2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you

I'm sorry. I hope things get sorted out soon and that you find another doctor you like! Could you call your current OBGYN and ask if they have a recommendation? Or check with your insurance who is covered?
  3. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post

I'm sorry. I hope things get sorted out soon and that you find another doctor you like! Could you call your current OBGYN and ask if they have a recommendation? Or check with your insurance who is covered?
    I'm pulling the list now of all the ones that are covered! Some of the names ring a bell they're just not my doctor I really really liked him. So I'm skeptical to switch. I know it'll work out in the long run it's just upsetting. These meds probably don't help with the emotional factor either

4. Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky
    Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky
    Have you considered keeping the insurance for just you so you can continue with your current OB?
  5. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by LACY1020 View Post
    Have you considered keeping the insurance for just you so you can continue with your current OB?
    It was Tricare and DH's not enlisted anymore so we can't use the Prime like we had. We looked at that option to stay with them since we were on Standard for 6 months after his separation date and my OB took Standard as well, but after researching both options, the work insurance was just way more affordable for us.

6. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    I'm pulling the list now of all the ones that are covered! Some of the names ring a bell they're just not my doctor I really really liked him. So I'm skeptical to switch. I know it'll work out in the long run it's just upsetting. These meds probably don't help with the emotional factor either
    Oh I totally get it, especially with an OBGYN. I feel like other types of doctors are a little easier to switch but the more personal ones aren't. You'll find one, though!
  7. Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky
    It was Tricare and DH's not enlisted anymore so we can't use the Prime like we had. We looked at that option to stay with them since we were on Standard for 6 months after his separation date and my OB took Standard as well, but after researching both options, the work insurance was just way more affordable for us.
    Ahh gotcha. Have you looked at your employers insurance options? Just thinking of other options for you. I would hate to leave an OB/GYN I really liked.
  8. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    See if your current Dr would be willing to call and explain to the new Dr or write a letter that can be transferred with them.
  9. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by LACY1020 View Post
    Ahh gotcha. Have you looked at your employers insurance options? Just thinking of other options for you. I would hate to leave an OB/GYN I really liked.
    My works insurance is insanely expensive, it was worse than tricare! I think by myself they were asking almost $100 more a month than what we're paying with DH's work insurance for the whole family. His was the best financial option I'm just sad now I should of investigated further to see if they took it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    Oh I totally get it, especially with an OBGYN. I feel like other types of doctors are a little easier to switch but the more personal ones aren't. You'll find one, though!
    Yeah I tried explaining this to DH and he didn't get it I was like try finding a doctor you like that's all up in your lady bits once a year, it's HARD thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaA View Post
    See if your current Dr would be willing to call and explain to the new Dr or write a letter that can be transferred with them.
    That's a good idea! I'm sure my doctor would be more than willing to do that for me, he was really awesome at working with me on what I wanted and needed.

10. Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky
    My works insurance is insanely expensive, it was worse than tricare! I think by myself they were asking almost $100 more a month than what we're paying with DH's work insurance for the whole family. His was the best financial option I'm just sad now I should of investigated further to see if they took it or not.
    Oh wow that is a lot. Maybe run the list of options by your current doc and see if he recommends someone available to you? We do that with patients that change insurance and can no longer see the physicians at our office.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast