Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: We pulled the goalie!

1. Senior Member

We pulled the goalie!

Advertisements
    We pulled the goalie on June 18th so I guess I’m here now! I wasn’t planning on “trying” right away but of course I already have questions

1) What vitamin should I be taking? When you are TTC do I need more than a regular multivitamin or is it ok? Should folic acid be 400mg or more? Any recomendations on brand?

2) My first cycle was 28 days (just as it was when I was on BC). Today I’m on day 30 of my second cycle and 2 cheapo tests say I’m not pregnant. Is this just my body adjusting to not being on BC? Should I keep testing daily until I get a positive or until my period arrives?

I’m totally new to this so any input is welcome!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    1) If you already take a multi-vitamin tossing in a folic acid one should be fine and dandy. You may have to try a few different prenatals to find what works for you. It seems to me that if you are on tricare they tend to just put in a script so you don't have to pay out of pocket. I like Rainbow Light because I'm vegetarian and they don't slow down my system. My midwife suggests the ones that also have a DHA supplement, but doesn't work for me personally since I don't eat fish.

2) I'm not sure about testing. It is possible your body is adjusting so you ovulated late and its too early to tell, or your cycle is just taking longer this month and you are not positive this go. If I were you I would wait a few days and if nothing was going on then test again.
  3. Senior Member
    My cycles got progressively longer as my body adjusted to not being on birth control. It took about 5 months for things to be completely consistent. You are likely still fertile, it just makes it difficult to pinpoint ovulation or know when your period should start.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Procella View Post
    1) If you already take a multi-vitamin tossing in a folic acid one should be fine and dandy. You may have to try a few different prenatals to find what works for you. It seems to me that if you are on tricare they tend to just put in a script so you don't have to pay out of pocket. I like Rainbow Light because I'm vegetarian and they don't slow down my system. My midwife suggests the ones that also have a DHA supplement, but doesn't work for me personally since I don't eat fish.

2) I'm not sure about testing. It is possible your body is adjusting so you ovulated late and its too early to tell, or your cycle is just taking longer this month and you are not positive this go. If I were you I would wait a few days and if nothing was going on then test again.
    I have a multi vitamin but its so expired that I need a new one. I'll probably head to the store today to find something new with DHA and folic acid. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneSays View Post
    My cycles got progressively longer as my body adjusted to not being on birth control. It took about 5 months for things to be completely consistent. You are likely still fertile, it just makes it difficult to pinpoint ovulation or know when your period should start.
    This is VERY helpful to know! Thank you!!
  5. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

Yay for making babies!

My natural cycle is 31-32 days, so it might take bit to become regular... But hopefully you make a baby before then
  6. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

Oh, also, when I went off the pill while single, my first period was waaaaay late.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by be: pistachio View Post
    Yay for making babies!

My natural cycle is 31-32 days, so it might take bit to become regular... But hopefully you make a baby before then
    Quote Originally Posted by be: pistachio View Post
    Oh, also, when I went off the pill while single, my first period was waaaaay late.
    All good stuff to know! I guess this all seems normal so I'll just go with it and hope for the best!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    No advice just at the goalie analogy.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaClaire View Post
    No advice just at the goalie analogy.
    I was talking about it with a male friend and that is how he referred to it! I nearly lost it!
  10. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Okay it took me a while to figure out the goalie reference and now I feel dumb

Good luck though!!!!