Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: We've started trying

1. Senior Member

We've started trying

Advertisements
    Hi everyone!

DH and I just recently started trying for our first baby so I thought I'd come over here and introduce myself to you all.

We're both 32 and have only been married 2 months, but together 4 years. DH was convinced he didn't want kids when we first met and I was on the fence about whether or not I did. In the last 2 years that all changed and I realised I really did want kids, thankfully DH also changed his mind. We were at Disneyworld for our honeymoon last month and DH kept talking about how he really wants a daughter to dress up like a little princess - quite the turnaround from the guy who was adamant kids were not in his future.

I started charting my bbt temperature a couple of weeks ago because I have 6 week cycles and no idea when I ovulate. Plus I bought some ovulation tests to see if I can get a grip on this. DH leaves for a 3 month training course in a few weeks which feels like bad timing to me, but what do you expect with the military!
  2. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I'll cross everything I can for you guys!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

3. Senior Member
    Good luck! And remember...practice makes a baby!

NotThatMonkey is my awesome Wifey
  4. Senior Member
    Thanks! Right now I'm all baby crazy so I'm trying to make myself calm down so we can actually enjoy the process!
  5. Senior Member
    Good luck!!!
  6. Senior Member
    Good luck! Definitely try not to go TOO baby crazy before it happens! It's been driving me insane.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarina View Post
    Good luck! Definitely try not to go TOO baby crazy before it happens! It's been driving me insane.
    My sister-in-law just found out she is pregnant (and got pregnant 10 days after their wedding!) so I'm trying to focus all my baby-craziness on her at the moment by talking to her about her own pregnancy. Luckily she is more than happy to talk about it all day long.

I suspect it may have the adverse effect of making me want a baby NOW even more than I already did though!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadeey View Post
    My sister-in-law just found out she is pregnant (and got pregnant 10 days after their wedding!) so I'm trying to focus all my baby-craziness on her at the moment by talking to her about her own pregnancy. Luckily she is more than happy to talk about it all day long.

I suspect it may have the adverse effect of making me want a baby NOW even more than I already did though!
    I hear you! Only a few close friends know DH and I are TTC , and it seems like everyone else is popping up preggo! So I try to talk to them about it, but it just starts me thinking *hmm.... what will happen when I'M this far along?*