Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

1. youngwifey

Neutral What would you do?

Advertisements
    Well, it turns out my husband and I will not be having a baby before he leaves! Now, we are faced with a dillema. What would you do? Should we continue TTC'ing for a baby, or should we just wait until he returns from his six month deployment? My husband REALLY wants a child, and as sad as he would be to miss the birth, he's okay with it, but it means he would not see our child until "possibly" a bit later! Now, I'm just wondering if some of you werefaced with this same decision, what did, or what would you do? I really want a baby too, but I don't know if I'm selfish enough to have him miss the birth, but he is in the military, so what if he NEVER makes a delivery? Should we continue waiting for the military to decide if the "time is right"
  2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

ME personally I would wait. My husband had/are having our babies when he is supposed to be here. I mean of course nothing is certain with the militray but I personally wouldn't PLAN a baby that would be born when we know he'd be gone. At some point he'll be on shore duty and that doens't guarantee anything but there is a far better chance he'll be there for the birth. I can tell you from experience ( I was alone for my first son) bringing home a newborn when you are alone and not having any help from your husband the first couple weeks makes it more challenging.
  3. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    This is really something that the two of you need to discuss together. Every situation really is different. Personally I think I would keep trying, and deal with the possibility of delivering without him there. That is just one unfortunate side of this lifestyle. If you really think about it, you're never guaranteed to have him home - things change, schedules change, the world can change in the blink of an eye - what if you wait and then something goes down and you regret waiting at all? It's a big decision, and I hope you can agree on the right thing for you two.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  4. Senior Member
    I haven't had children so my opinion isn't worth too much in this but I think I would continue trying. If you are both ready for a child then I say go for it. I agree with the other girls in that things can change very quickly so you'll never be sure he'll be home anyways.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  5. my AOC truly makes me happy
    my AOC truly makes me happy

I say it is up to you and him, but personal I would keep trying, you never know you may get pregnant- and six months later he comes home and you still 3 momths left of pregnancy.
  6. jennyb
    I would definitly say it is a decision you 2 have to make. Me personally would wait untill he was home, Having had 2 babies I wouldnt have wanted to go through it with out my husband by my side. It was such a special thing and it was really great to share it with him.
  7. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by jennyb
    I would definitly say it is a decision you 2 have to make. Me personally would wait untill he was home, Having had 2 babies I wouldnt have wanted to go through it with out my husband by my side. It was such a special thing and it was really great to share it with him.
    I agree, It really meant so much for Tony to share that experience with me
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I think the others are right - it's a decision you have to talk through adnmake together. I also think it depends on how old you are - if you're relatively young then waiting 6 months won't hurt too much.
  9. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    I dont have any kids yet either but I do know that DH and I are going to wait till he can be here till we decide to have one. You will have to talk about it with your DH though because everyone is different.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Personal decision. I would keep trying, but Ive given birth alone, so I know there is more to life than the actual birth of your child.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast