Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Weird Question

1. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*

Weird Question

Advertisements
    And is pretty irrelevant to me but I was wondering since they always do preggo tests on us woman when we go in at this age with any pregnancy sounding symptoms. How soon can they tell you are preggo with their urine tests and how soon with the blood??
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blood is faster then urine. Urine depends on how sensitive the test is. SO usually 12 days post ovulation or later. Blood can be as early as 8 days post ovulation. Sometimes earlier. And it depends on if they do a qualitive or a quanitive.
    What is a pregnancy blood test?
    A pregnancy blood test or a pregnancy serum test is a test that measures the exact amount of the pregnancy hormone, human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), in the bloodstream.

Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is a hormone that is produced by the placenta. It is detectable in the blood and urine within 10 days of fertilization (1 to 2 days after implantation).

There are two different pregnancy blood tests to measure human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG).

Qualitative Pregnancy Blood Test - This can only give a "yes" or "no" answer as to whether or not HCG is present. This test gives results similar to what urine based home pregnancy test kits do.

Quantitative Pregnancy Blood Test This test can actually measure the exact amount of hCG in the woman's blood. This measurement can help give a rough estimate of the age of the fetus. It can also help determine if the pregnancy is progressing normally. The qualitative test, described above, is not able to provide this extra information.
  3. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    Thats neat to know Kris. Thanks
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    for urine it's typically about 2 weeks
  5. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    I have always wanted to know that... I got preggers with Jer and I hadn't had a period in 2 mths. Last one was in Jan got preggo middle of March... never will understand it.
    Now I know for when the question will be relevant... not for a while though!
    I think once we get married we will wait a few mths atleast to enjoy married life! But... I really want a little girl. And Josh mom pulled out his baby photo album yesterday for us to look at and OMG HE WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BABY... HUGE And really fat and round and bubbly. They said he was the happiest baby! Like almost 23 inches long and close to 9 lbs . Jer was 6/14 and 19/5 inches and I barely had him. I was like... Ok... my 1st OB appt Im going to ask to where I can sign up for a C-SECTION!