Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paris

1. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    98.99%
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by AdaraMarie View Post
    I just sent my Aunt a message waiting for her to get back to me... I think I must put this on the list!
    Eeekk I'm so excited for you!!

2. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    58.51%
    Disneyland Paris was a lot of fun! Make sure you get there early as the line for tickets can be really long but it's worth it to get the military discount! The two parks are pretty small so if you're travelling with no kids or older kids you could easily see them both in one day if you start early.
  3. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    26.43%
    My favorit spot in paris is montmarte. Go up, turn left, away from Sacre Coure, walk about three minutes, Andy you'll find painters square. It felt so Parisian to me, and far less commercial and overdone than I found much of Paris to be. Walk through the artists, then sit and have a cup of tea or coffee and a pastry. Simple, but lovely.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    99.73%
    Disney Paris was really cool. Definitely go to the Louvre, you could honestly spend your whole trip there. But, the Mona Lisa is there if you want something major to see. Obviously the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, The Palace of Versailles is not far outside of the city, you can usually find a bus tour that will take you there and back. There are some gardens that now of course I can't remember the name, but there in the middle of the city and they're gorgeous. I'd suggest doing a bus tour of the city, I did one where they narrate over headphones, and that was really cool. I got to see the square where Marie Antoinette was beheaded, and the tell you the history of Napoleon, things he had built and what not. Moulin Rouge is another tourist stop that can be fun too. Fouquet's is a famous restaurant, they have stars of famous people that have been there, and it was actually really good food when we went.
    Of course if you're into shopping go down to the shopping district, you can see all the big name brand stores like Louis Vuitton.

I'm so jealous, enjoy it!! I loved Paris so much, I'd live there if I could.
  5. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    66.48%
    Last night I looked up all the attractions and in just two days I have "spent" $700 on things to do!! haha... Im so excited for the trip. I told DH about Disneyland and he thinks its a cool idea. We will be there for about 8 days minus the two for the plan ride. I for sure put the Eiffel Tower and Versailles on the list. You ladies are giving me so many ideas this is going to be hard to squeeze it all in!!! We are planning the end of October, waiting to hear from DH command to make sure he wont have drill (although, who really knows haha) and I am booking the tickets. My Aunt said the end of Oct is such a beautiful time there. OMG, you guys are making me so excited!
  6. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    95.56%
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Gurl, yasssss!
    I've been to Disneyland and Disney World, but my goal is to visit all the Disneylands of the world before I die.

I've done some research and the one in Paris looks a lot nicer (as far as architecture) than the US disneys. They have a different twist on some of the classic rides for example the Haunted Mansion.

Sorry I'm just a total Disney nerd
    we have been to the tokyo disney, it was awesome!
  7. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    98.99%
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    we have been to the tokyo disney, it was awesome!
    Oh I'm SUPER jealous!! I bet it was ah-maaazing! The Japanese love Disney so they do everything better-- better food, better parades, and better costumed characters. I would love to go there one day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12