Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good Honeymoon Destinations?

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Interesting. We are going to Mexico next month, and have many times.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Interesting. We are going to Mexico next month, and have many times.
    Maybe it depends on the job, I'm really not sure. I'm jealous though! It looks gorgeous and I hope you have fun!
  3. Senior Member
    When DH first joined, I remember they (drill instructor, recruiter... can't remember who said it) said that he was not allowed to go to Mexico. I guess they meant they couldn't go to Mexico while he was in training (during boot leave or on weekends during A school), so I went years assuming he never could. However, they are allowed to go to Mexico but they have to submit a form to ask permission from the command and some areas of Mexico are off limits.

Since your SO in school he can't go anywhere, but when he hits his first duty station maybe he could check if a honeymoon to Mexico is approved by that command. It's worth a shot if that's a place you really want to go.

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicaml View Post
    NO! I caution you from expedia especially with Military! DB and I originally planned a trip to Dominican Republic for May and when he found out he was leaving earlier he tried to get it switched and there was NOTHING they would do. No refund and we couldn't get the dates switched. The customer service is terrible. We ended up losing $1200
    We have never traveled out of the country with Expedia and it's always been on a little bit of short notice so I guess we have never experienced problems, but I guess that's a good tip.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    When DH first joined, I remember they (drill instructor, recruiter... can't remember who said it) said that he was not allowed to go to Mexico. I guess they meant they couldn't go to Mexico while he was in training (during boot leave or on weekends during A school), so I went years assuming he never could. However, they are allowed to go to Mexico but they have to submit a form to ask permission from the command and some areas of Mexico are off limits.

Since your SO in school he can't go anywhere, but when he hits his first duty station maybe he could check if a honeymoon to Mexico is approved by that command. It's worth a shot if that's a place you really want to go.
    Oh! That makes sense. Thank you!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123