Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Cross Country Road Trip

1. Regular Member

Cross Country Road Trip

Advertisements
    Has anyone ever done it?

A friend and I are thinking about doing it this summer. However, my car is a lease so I can't rack up the miles, and her car is not the most reliable. We could always rent one, but we were thinking about maybe renting an RV so we can just sleep in that and not have to worry about hotel costs. Anyway, just curious if anyone has done it and maybe what rental company they've used. Thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    My parents did it with us when we were growing up. Would be way more fun with a friend, lol. We looked at recent prices and they run between $80-100/day (up here though) which I think is kind of expensive since you'll have to pay for hook ups. But since you'd have to rent a car anyways it may not be that bad.
  3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    DH & I have done it three times. Once from GA to CA with one overnight stop in New Mexico, CA to TX with no stops other than gas, & NC to CA with no stops other than gas. We've always used our own vehicle though.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    I have done it when I moved from VA to AZ and AZ to VT. An RV would have been nice because then you can stop whenever you are tired.
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  5. Senior Member
    We just drove back to Florida from Alaska in July. My advice is to get any vehicle that has LEG ROOM.
  6. Senior Member
    i have no advice but that sounds fun!
  7. Senior Member
    I did it with two friends from grad school years ago. We took nearly three weeks... we left from SC and our major stops were NYC, Toronto, Minneapolis, Mt Rushmore, Banff, Vancouver, Seattle, San Francisco, Monterey, Death Valley, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Durango, Galveston, and New Orleans. It was an absolutely amazing experience, and I hope to do it again with my kids when they get a little older. Do it!!!!!!!!