Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling all bakers!

1. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho

Help Calling all bakers!

Advertisements
    So I have an idea in my head but I'm not sure how to actually do it and I can't find a recipe.

My friends are throwing me a baby shower and as part of their thank you baskets I want to make them some yummy cupcakes.

My first thought was some really good chocolate cupcakes with a truffle in the middle, cream cheese frosting, and a strawberry on top with chocolate drizzle.

But I'm thinking that I would like to put strawberry IN the cupcake instead of just on top or in the frosting. I don't know if they make strawberry truffles that I could bake into the cupcakes or not, but that would be ideal. Or even a recipe with pureed strawberries in the mix. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  2. Senior Member
    Godiva makes Strawberry Truffles. What about dried strawberries? I wonder if they would soften during the baking process.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. not the "original" BraveLilToaster ;)
    not the "original" BraveLilToaster ;)
    Not joking but my friend JUST posted this recipe online. It might be what you are looking for! I might even make them.

Chocolate & Strawberry Cupcakes | TidyMom
  4. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Godiva makes Strawberry Truffles. What about dried strawberries? I wonder if they would soften during the baking process.
    I may have to go on a hunt..think they would bake ok?

Dried strawberries in the mix maybe

I thought about a frozen strawberry in the middle but I'm not sure it would bake okay.

I know I can put chocolate in the middle and come out with a really yummy chocolate melty center...just not sure about adding a strawberry to that.

I know I could cut a hole out of the cupcakes, but I'd rather not if I can bake it in.
    I'm LeAndra

Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  5. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Quote Originally Posted by navybunny View Post
    Not joking but my friend JUST posted this recipe online. It might be what you are looking for! I might even make them.

ah.mah.gahd.

be cool.
  6. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by navybunny View Post

LOL I actually saw this one, but it's a filling not actual strawberry.

Maybe it's because I'm pregnant but all I can think about is an actual strawberry in the cupcakes
    I'm LeAndra

Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012

7. not the "original" BraveLilToaster ;)
    not the "original" BraveLilToaster ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by chickadeebaby View Post
    I may have to go on a hunt..think they would bake ok?

Dried strawberries in the mix maybe

I thought about a frozen strawberry in the middle but I'm not sure it would bake okay.

I know I can put chocolate in the middle and come out with a really yummy chocolate melty center...just not sure about adding a strawberry to that.

I know I could cut a hole out of the cupcakes, but I'd rather not if I can bake it in.
    IMHO, my baking instincts tell me this will not work out very well

You could put in a piece of strawberry WITH the filling. That might work out?
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chickadeebaby View Post
    LOL I actually saw this one, but it's a filling not actual strawberry.

Maybe it's because I'm pregnant but all I can think about is an actual strawberry in the cupcakes
    Hm, I think this may be a baking experiment!

I wonder if you pureed the strawberry and 'injected' the middle? That's not really an actual strawberry though. There MUST be a recipe somewhere with an actual strawberry in the middle.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  9. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Hm, I think this may be a baking experiment!

I wonder if you pureed the strawberry and 'injected' the middle
    ? That's not really an actual strawberry though. There MUST be a recipe somewhere with an actual strawberry in the middle.

That sounds yummy...hmm...from everything I've seen though I think I'm going to have to cut a hole out for the strawberry if I want one in there...though I'm still thinking about the truffle idea.

I know chocolate truffles can be baked into the middle...why not a chocolate strawberry one?
    I'm LeAndra

Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012

10. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    18 pc. Godiva Gems Milk Chocolate Strawberry Truffles at Godiva.com

Like these..just push one into the middle of the batter and bake..think it would work?
    I'm LeAndra

Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast