Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "He would have made his wife get a C-Section"

1. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Advertisements
    I think it's ridiculous to think he should have forced his wife to have major surgery for the sake if "opening week" that is absurd. What a jack hole. I am glad the guy took his leave.
  2. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    S/N: Boomer Esiason is an ex-NFL player.. what's he doing commentating baseball?
    That was my thought. Why is he commenting on baseball when he played football? Smh.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysgal View Post
    Idiots. I wonder if they're married and have kids and if so what their wives think about their husbands desire to force them into surgery for the sake of ONE game.
    Not sure about the other guy, but Boomer Esiason has a son (or maybe had, can't recall if son has passed) with cerebal palsy. He actual quit his NFL career early to help his wife take care of him, and run his non=profit in his son's honor (that's the jist of it, have to get more details)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post

I honestly didn't even realize he had a radio show until this. They'll just give anyone a show now. We should start one.
    We should totally do our own show!!

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    There's like 160 games in a baseball season, and not every player plays in every single game by a longshot. Opening Day is "special" but I don't think it really hurts the team, like missing a playoff or something would. (And even if it was the playoffs I don't think they should schedule a C-section around it). Sometimes things are more important than the game. I mean Sandy Koufax missed a World Series game because it was on Yom Kippur.

They're just being dumb good ol boys and I'm glad Murphy isn't listening to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    This whole thing made me laugh. Baseball over the health of your wife and baby? Mk.

So stupid. I don't know why people are even giving this guy the time of day. He's so ignorant.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Saw this mentioned on GMA - the "outrage" going on among fans for not having scheduled induction or C-section so he didn't have to miss a couple of games - just I, for one, applaud the player and his wife for putting their family, the health and well-being of mother and child, above a GAME.
  6. Senior Member
    I saw one article that stated this player had played in more games last season than anyone else on his team *since 2008.* Not to mention mlb players are allowed 3 days of paternity leave, and he is completely within his right to take all of it. That commentator is a moron and exemplies what is wrong with professional sports. There is almost no job tjat would insist it take precedence over taking care of your family.

7. Mom to Rebekah
    Mom to Rebekah
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    There's like 160 games in a baseball season, and not every player plays in every single game by a longshot. Opening Day is "special" but I don't think it really hurts the team, like missing a playoff or something would. (And even if it was the playoffs I don't think they should schedule a C-section around it). Sometimes things are more important than the game. I mean Sandy Koufax missed a World Series game because it was on Yom Kippur.

They're just being dumb good ol boys and I'm glad Murphy isn't listening to them.
    This is how I see it.
    Mom to Rebekah
    Tree hugging, peace loving, hippie.
    I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church.
    For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
    Khalil Gibran
  8. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Not sure about the other guy, but Boomer Esiason has a son (or maybe had, can't recall if son has passed) with cerebal palsy. He actual quit his NFL career early to help his wife take care of him, and run his non=profit in his son's honor (that's the jist of it, have to get more details)

We should totally do our own show!!
    Boomer has a kid with cystic fibrosis. He's alive and well. Not sure if he's got another kid with cp or if you're thinking of someone else.

It sounds like something I could see saying as a joke.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12