Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Feeling overwhelmed and sad

1. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D

Feeling overwhelmed and sad

Advertisements
    YDD has been diagnosed with Auditory Sensory issues. She also has trouble transitioning and with new stimuli in addition to needing a lot of stimuli to learn but too much stimuli overwhelms her (they work against each other and it's rare to see both in one kid). She gets OT and speech therapy once a week through a state program. She's almost 3 so we've had to start the process through the school. I was fine with this. I though she'd be going a couple days a week for a few hours. I found out today that if qualified for services, she'd be going to school full time! I'm a SAHM and we've been pretty against regular structured/classroom-like learning and extracurriculars until our girls are at least 4 and then only part-time until kindergarten. I was planning on putting YDD in pre-school 2 days a week when she turned 3 1/2. So thinking of my baby going to school full time and being away from me that long as soon as she turns 3 is freaking me out and really upsetting me. I'm also not sure she will be able to handle that much time away from me. She currently goes to hourly care at least twice a month for 3-4 hours. If she goes 2 or 3 days in a row, she's a mess afterwards (she loves it during) at home as we try to find our way back to her "normal." I'm willing to give it a try to get her the help she needs, but I was not prepared for her to be away from me that much so young. I have anxiety and stuff like that so it's really good I have an appointment with my own therapist lined up on Tuesday.

Oh, and ODD doesn't go to our nearby school. She goes to a different one on a GE. I was fine with them going to different schools when I thought YDD would only be going for a few hours a couple days a week, but there's no way that's going to work if they're both going full time with the same start and end times. So we'd also have to fight to get YDD a special ed. GE to ODD's school (we are not cool with the non-special education at the school nearby but their special ed is amazing). I'm so grateful YDD was assigned a social worker [part of using the state's services] to help me navigate all this and be YDD's advocate.

And this is just with YDD's stuff right now. ODD has her own special needs we're dealing with too but we've gone through Tricare for all of her stuff so the school isn't involved........
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Sorry no advice just .

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  3. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. and lots of

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  4. Regular Member
    No advise, just hugs!!
  5. Living in paradise :D