Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Juice Cleanse

1. Senior Member

Hello Juice Cleanse

Advertisements
    Has anyone every done one? If so, did you juice yourself, or use a specific brand?

And, did you like it, or hate it?

Considering doing one.. But, idk.

You're welcome.
  2. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    DH and I juice using our own juicer. We don't do multiple-day cleanses because DH starts to get a bit grumpy from lack of real food, but I'd totally do one on my own, though its a lot of effort to juice that much yourself.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoAskAlice View Post
    DH and I juice using our own juicer. We don't do multiple-day cleanses because DH starts to get a bit grumpy from lack of real food, but I'd totally do one on my own, though its a lot of effort to juice that much yourself.
    I have a feeling I'd get grumpy too, lol. I think I could do breakfast-lunch-snacks.. But would require a real dinner. Though maybe just doing a full day a couple (maybe 2?) days a week (not back to back-- say on a Monday, and Thursday), and just eating well the other days. I just sort of want to jump start my body into being healthier.

You're welcome.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I tried to do three days with juice all day and then just dinner. By the second day I think I needed salt and was lapping up hot sauce, and the third I had a horrid headache.
  5. Senior Member
    One of my friends tried one and didn't even last a full day on it. I don't have a juicer, but I've always wanted to see how it'd help or not help my body. I think I would eat a real dinner too though.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Procella View Post
    I tried to do three days with juice all day and then just dinner. By the second day I think I needed salt and was lapping up hot sauce, and the third I had a horrid headache.
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverandalways View Post
    One of my friends tried one and didn't even last a full day on it. I don't have a juicer, but I've always wanted to see how it'd help or not help my body. I think I would eat a real dinner too though.
    Yeah, I'd get hangry (hunger induced anger) without just a smidge of real food.

You're welcome.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have! The first 1-3 days can be kind of brutal -- headaches, fatigue, grumpiness and typically a lot of bowel cleansing. A good way to start is to do juice during the day and have a dinner of lean protein and vegetables at night. For juice recipes, I made my own based on juice mixtures that I had seen on containers in the store. The bottles of juice are expensive. My Whole Foods carries them for around $6 for a 12 oz bottle but you can buy the ingredients for that much and make 4 times as much.

I enjoy them just to get a restart if I feel like my eating needs a shape up but I also drink vegetable/fruit juice to replace breakfast some days.

ETA: When you're first doing it your body is releasing toxins and it needs to be flushed out so detox baths and drinking lots of water can be helpful and I tend to breakout.
    Last edited by Jazmine; 05-22-2013 at 11:26 PM.
  8. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

DH did, I'd juice them for him. I gave him a week, he lasted one day short them went and got a quarter pounder with cheese.

9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    No, but I do juice (have a juicer). I drink 1-2 cups a day. I wouldn't mind trying but I'm BFing and working out so I don't feel I'd get enough fuel for all that by just juicing. What I do is put something in I won't eat by itself or don't eat enough of and add in other items I like. That way I'm getting the benefits of the item I wouldn't eat/don't eat enough of. My biggest piece of advice is make sure you make the juices to taste good enough that you'll drink it. I like to add apples, watermelon, pineapple, etc. to things like kale, spinach, parsely, cilantro, beets, etc. Beets have a very strong taste so those (unless you like the taste, DH does but I don't) you should watch how much you add. You also need to make sure you're drinking what you made quickly enough before it ferments. 4-5 days seems to be my max.
  10. Senior Member
    I tried the master cleanse, but I realized it takes way too much dedication for someone who LOVES food

But I know a lot of people who did it and lost quite a bit of weight and said they felt better. It was just something I couldn't follow up with, so I decided just to switch to clean eating

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast