Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Easy Clean Eating HELP!

1. Senior Member

Easy Clean Eating HELP!

Advertisements
    I'm trying to lose baby weight and I am very anxious to get in great shape for when my DH comes back in 5 months. I had my daughter 2 months ago and I am trying to eat clean so I can be happy with my body. I've been eating a lot of bland but healthy foods. Does anyone have any good but easy, since I am a mother of two, recipes that I could try?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Pinterest!

Good luck!
  3. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Just cut out processed foods, chemicals, added sugars, preservatives. Take a recipe, remove those kinds of things and replace them wih clean substitutes.

For example, I found a recipe for homemade sweet and sour chicken. I can make it healthier by using natural ketchup, truvia, brown rice, etc. as substitutes for regular ketchup, sugar and white rice. Sorry for the random example, but that's what I did tonight for dinner

Try to get most of your calories from veggies and lean protein, with some healthy fats (eg. nuts) and healthy carbs (eg. brown rice).

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post
    Just cut out processed foods, chemicals, added sugars, preservatives. Take a recipe, remove those kinds of things and replace them wih clean substitutes.

For example, I found a recipe for homemade sweet and sour chicken. I can make it healthier by using natural ketchup, truvia, brown rice, etc. as substitutes for regular ketchup, sugar and white rice. Sorry for the random example, but that's what I did tonight for dinner

Try to get most of your calories from veggies and lean protein, with some healthy fats (eg. nuts) and healthy carbs (eg. brown rice).
    This is good advice!

What kinds of things are you looking for OP? What have you been eating, and what have you liked eating in the past? There are so many recipes that you can make more healthy. If it says use canned, use fresh. If it says use boxed, make your own.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  5. Senior Member
    I've been eating basically egg whites for breakfast

Baked chicken and tons of veggies for lunch and dinner

I want to add a little more variety or taste so I can stick with it and not give in to cravings as much. My weakness is carbs, which i've been trying to cut completely, so I was thinking about experimenting with spaghetti squash.

Thanks so much for your suggestions
  6. Senior Member
    Thanks for those tips. I didn't really think about just replacing with healthier things but that makes so much sense! Btw I love your signature!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I eat mostly vegetarian, if I'm out I'll order fish but no other meats. What I do is go on the vegan websites (vegweb, happy herbivore,theppk.com) and I'll use that recipe but use dairy/eggs/cheese. Since DH is not eating veggie like I am (or so he thinks ), I'll sub in chicken or something for him where I'm using tofu or saitan. You could do the same thing by subbing in meats and it still would be very healthy.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Addyrue6 View Post
    I've been eating basically egg whites for breakfast

Baked chicken and tons of veggies for lunch and dinner

I want to add a little more variety or taste so I can stick with it and not give in to cravings as much. My weakness is carbs, which i've been trying to cut completely, so I was thinking about experimenting with spaghetti squash.

Thanks so much for your suggestions
    How about adding veggies to the egg whites? DB and I's favorite is using the frozen pepper and onion mix, just the store brand. We've also added corn occasionally. Tomatoes and mushrooms would be good too! (I don't know much about clean eating, but I'm assuming frozen is ok? It doesn't have anything added. Otherwise fresh works just as well, its just not as quick)

Do you have a crockpot? That makes foods taste all kinds of delicious with very few ingredients.

Also beans can be good. You can buy them dried instead of canned, and then make them yourself. Whole Foods sells all kinds of stuff in bulk so you can choose how much you want. Also barley and quinoa are good alternatives to lots of carbs. hmm Hummus? Do you like that? I made baked falafel once and it was really good!

I recently discovered spaghetti squash too. Its pretty good! Annoying to cut open though.

Also how do you feel about fish?
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  9. Senior Member
    Yeah I usually throw peppers in my egg whites but I had no idea they had frozen kinds. I'll probably start doing that because I'm only cooking most things for just one so it's hard for me to watch my produce go to waste! I really love fish I have that maybe once a week. I do have a crock pot and it is a really small one for personal use, looks like I'll have to take that out and experiment with it. I feel so out of the loop when it comes to healthy things lol I really don't even know what things like quinoa are. I've heard of it but no idea of what it is or how to cook it.