Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: School lunch help!

1. Senior Member

School lunch help!

Advertisements
    Help me think of lunch items to take to school with me! I would usually buy something, but I can't really anymore because of my new found allergies.

Basically nothing with bread or crackers or rice or oats, anything of that nature.
    For tomorrow I made: Tuna salad, potato chips, two puddings, yogurt, and a vitamin water.

TIA!
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  2. Senior Member
    personally im a soup person..I like to try different kinds too. and soup is filling and you feel like your getting a "hot" meal.

3. Senior Member
    Just some thoughts dried fruits apricots, cranberries, cherries, banana chips and so on. Sting cheese or cheese piece with gluten free crackers maybe?
    Fresh Fruit Salads, green salads. Egg salad, chicken salads.
    Cottage cheese? Applesauce, fresh cut up veggies with a dip.
    You could use eggplant slices as bread for sandwiches instead maybe.
    Quinoa dishes that you could make the night before and reheat.

Ok thats all I can think of at the moment.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twentyatheart View Post
    personally im a soup person..I like to try different kinds too. and soup is filling and you feel like your getting a "hot" meal.
    Its about 110-115 degrees out right now. But soup will be good for when it starts to cool down!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixi7272 View Post
    Just some thoughts dried fruits apricots, cranberries, cherries, banana chips and so on. Sting cheese or cheese piece with gluten free crackers maybe?
    Fresh Fruit Salads, green salads. Egg salad, chicken salads.
    Cottage cheese? Applesauce, fresh cut up veggies with a dip.
    You could use eggplant slices as bread for sandwiches instead maybe.
    Quinoa dishes that you could make the night before and reheat.

Ok thats all I can think of at the moment.
    I guess I could try some fruit. I really need to broaden my food choices Because everything you listed I never eat. I was thinking about maybe some salad, which I could also buy if I don't have time to pack. I should get some veggies and dip too! Thanks for the ideas!

It sucks because I already ate everything I brought, and I'm still starving, and there are still 4 more hours of school left!
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  5. Senior Member
    Yea it sounds like you might have to start branching out with your diet with needing to stay away from gluten products.

Just a few more ideas.

Hard Boiled eggs, jello, Pudding, Baked Potatoes or Baked sweet potatoes. Could you make your own trail mix to take with you? Could you do Corn tortillas? If you can then you could make wraps, or enchiladas to re heat. Snack bag of popcorn? Lettuce wrapped sandwiches perhaps.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixi7272 View Post
    Yea it sounds like you might have to start branching out with your diet with needing to stay away from gluten products.

Just a few more ideas.

Hard Boiled eggs, jello, Pudding, Baked Potatoes or Baked sweet potatoes. Could you make your own trail mix to take with you? Could you do Corn tortillas? If you can then you could make wraps, or enchiladas to re heat. Snack bag of popcorn? Lettuce wrapped sandwiches perhaps.
    I'm allergic to corn too!

I want to make my own trail mix, I just have to think of me-friendly things first. I was thinking sunflower seeds, chocolate chips, peanuts, ummm ummm... I can't think of any more fillers.
  7. aka karinaaahhh!
    aka karinaaahhh!
    I'm a big fruits girl. I'd say grapefruit to help curve your appetite 30 minutes before lunch. And as cliched and boring as it sounds, you can experiment with salads by adding different kinds of protein/cheeses and even the kind of leafy greens you use...

AwwSnail is my ducky
    SpaceHedgehog is my slipper twin!!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    I'm allergic to corn too!

I want to make my own trail mix, I just have to think of me-friendly things first. I was thinking sunflower seeds, chocolate chips, peanuts, ummm ummm... I can't think of any more fillers.
    well you could add dried fruit into it like raisins, yogurt covered raisins. Mabe chocolate covered coffee beans. toss in a bunch of different nuts. You could also do pumpkin seeds. Add do mini marshmallows maybe. Or peanut butter chips. You could put in shredded coconut.

Gluten Free Trail Mix Recipes | Yummly < Here is a link to a ton of different trail mix type recipes.

just some more ideas to add to the mix. Hope some of this is helpful.