Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tofu Recipes??

1. Regular Member

Tofu Recipes??

Advertisements
    xx
    Last edited by LittleMiss; 04-10-2012 at 10:28 AM.
  2. Senior Member
    I don't have the recipe but I'm sure you could google Pad Thai. It's a thai dish with noodles and peanut sauce and cilantro and lime and you can use tofu (slice thin). It's sooooo yummy!!
  3. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    i love meat but my family eats meatless. we eat a lot of tofu but i also want to suggest you try TVP! hear me out... : ) TVP stands for textured vegetable protein and it comes in little dry chunks. when you add water it comes out the exact feel of lean beef. it has about the same taste as tofu (not much) so you have to add things to it. we make tacos with TVP and we have tricked a lot of people into thinking its beef.. just add normal taco seasoning like you would to your meat. it's also a little better than tofu for you because it gives you more protein!
  4. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    as far as tofu, i just have to say stir fry, stir fry, stir fry. stir fry EVERYTHING. haha.
  5. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    I don't use it too much... when I do it's usually stir frys
  6. Regular Member

Smile

I am on the HCG diet so I can only eat certain things and only 500 calories a day so I make this stir fry and it is only around 100 calories...I take a zucchini and slice it, put it in a frying pan and season it, then I add shiritaki tofu noodles
    they looks like this:
    http://www.house-foods.com/tofu/img/...irataki_01.jpg

I find mine at Safeway in the vegetable section and the whole bag is only 40 calories! you just have to follow the easy quick instructions...then I take Annies brand shiitaki and sesame natural dressing and mix that in and let the noodles soak in the flavor...that is pretty much it and I really enjoy it, I dont even feel like im on a diet, you could add more veggies as well, like onions, carrots, snow peas, mushrooms...use you imagination! I hope this is something you might like, good luck on being a vegetarian! I was one for 2 years and wish I hadnt stopped

"I serve for the united states army, but I live to serve you baby" - DH
  7. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    I so want to see if people have recipies I have made spinach lasana rolls with tofu and it was yummy!
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I love pan-frying tofu with some cooking spray and herbs/spice to keep it low cal...for the last few mintues of cooking, add a few table spoons of barbeque sauce to crisp it up...serve with sweet potato oven baked wedges!
  9. Senior Member
    I have a few pretty good tofu recipes in my arsenal, one of my favorite being tofu scramble especially since you can transform it to any flavor profile you like. Basically just get one package of extra firm tofu and drain the water, I usually do some onion and garlic in the pan, crumble up the tofu, then add all the veggies / seasonings I want to put in it. It makes a really good / easy breakfast or lunch. I also have a really good recipe for a tofu oreo pie, let me know if you want that recipe!
  10. han
    I made tofu fingers once that were pretty good! Let me see if I can find the recipe...

Haven't made these, but I've pinned them all in hopes I will one day

Sweet Chili Lime Tofu with Wok Steamed Collards and Quinoa | VeganYumYum
    Hummus Crusted Tofu | Namely Marly

IMO, tofu can be used pretty much anywhere where you would use pieces of chicken (like Asian dishes, noodle dishes, etc.). Just has to be seasoned well

Tofu is also really great in desserts! I don't have many recipes, but Pinterest can def help you out with that one.

RunnerSteph, can you post your oreo pie recipe please?? Haha sounds delicious
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast