Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first vegan thanksgiving

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My first vegan thanksgiving

Advertisements
    I know for sure we're doing green beans, two salads(pasta salad, greek spinach salad), sweet potatoes, cornbread dressing(pretty sure I've got this one all converted and figured out...might need a few more practice runs)...not sure if I want to do the tofurky thing, though? I've made them a few times...Meet the Shannons had a pretty good recipe for beer can tofurky on the grill, might do that...

Any suggestions? I am going to do all the same sweets, those recipes aren't hard to alter. We're having all the single guys again this year so I'll be cooking for 35+ people, and want to keep it as traditional as possible. Thus far, no one DH has brought home has tasted a difference and I'd like to attempt to keep it that way, but with quadrupling recipes and trying new things I may be in way over my head
  2. Senior Member
    Wow! You are one ambitious lady. Sorry, I don't have any advice, but you are awesome!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Well, I think you will be fine with everything but the turkey, since you are having guests. But, if they know you guys are vegan, than they should know to expect it.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Thanks for the encouragement, you're a doll!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Katarianna View Post
    Well, I think you will be fine with everything but the turkey, since you are having guests. But, if they know you guys are vegan, than they should know to expect it.
    Everyone knows, most were skeptical or straight up "wtf" until they ate here. I love. LOVE to cook and pretty much take a huge amount of pride in changing people's opinions, so if I can't pull this off I will basically cry myself to sleep for a month I'm not a huge fan of tofurky as is, so I need to find a way to make it KILLER or some other brand of turkey substitute that holds up well enough to take a lot of treatment and basting. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks you guys, so so so much!!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Also, don't forget the rolls!! There are so many vegan Thanksgiving recipes out there. My uncle is vegan, so I try to make at least one different dish every year. I have no idea what he will eat this year since I won't be there. The veggie plate and rolls probably.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Ohh!! Yes. For sure. I love rolls anyway but hadn't even thought of them. Durrr.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Umm... I totally think you should make this and let me know how it is... and possibly mail me some, lol.

Thai-spiced Pumpkin Soup Recipe - 101 Cookbooks
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I was thinking of making some butternut squash soup...maybe a squash/pumpkin soup? I will have squash left over from the dressing, and pumpkin left over from the pies...hmmmm....
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Really you cannot have to much pumpkin in the fall.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast