Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! DIET DINNERS!

1. trying to be PATIENT while i wait for the time to be OVER!
    trying to be PATIENT while i wait for the time to be OVER!
    Blog Entries

Hungry HELP! DIET DINNERS!

Advertisements
    So Im trying to get ready for a homecoming... Im working out and I know someone knows something about eating healtier so the work doesnt just fall to the waistside! Does anyone know anything thats good for dinner and breakfast besides the specialized cereals and skinless baked chicken?? Cause thats killing me!

~HE HAD MY HEART BEFORE HE BECAME A SOLDIER, HE WILL HAVE IT FOREVER AFTERWARDS~
  2. Banned
    Banned
    smart ones and lean cuisines!!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xmanswifey View Post
    So Im trying to get ready for a homecoming... Im working out and I know someone knows something about eating healtier so the work doesnt just fall to the waistside! Does anyone know anything thats good for dinner and breakfast besides the specialized cereals and skinless baked chicken?? Cause thats killing me!
    Get a diabetic cookbook or check out diabetic recipes online. The stuff is really good, and the portions are the right size. Check out the Special Diets folder in Recipes- I put several recipes in there that my family really likes.
    Low salt? Salt free?
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    smart ones and lean cuisines!!
    Those things are really not as good for you as you'd think- the amounts of sodium are massive, which overloads the kidneys and may cause water retention.
  4. Rockin' a rock
    Rockin' a rock
    Hm...what do I eat? I'm not an egg eater so breakfast is hard for me. I eat kashi cereal or oatmeal with fruit usually. I eat lots of salad because you can have all the veggies you want. I'll usually put a little bit of reduced fat feta on top, sometimes some slivered almonds, and use light dressing. I read the labels on everything anymore. I've switched to whole wheat everything. I eat lunch meat (turkey or chicken) with reduced fat cheese and mustard on whole wheat. Brownberry makes little sandwich rounds called sandwich thins, they're only 100 cal each and it's enough to make you feel like you're eating bread. I make "pizzas" on whole wheat english muffins with reduced fat cheese. I eat lots of fruit and more hummus than anyone probably should. There are lots of recipes out there! Just keep you calorie count within your daily limit and you should be fine.
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    ground turkey meals with steamed veggies!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I love making turkey burgers!
  7. Senior Member
    Check out Hungry Girls website. She has a lot of good stuff. One of my favs is her Fried Rice. I persoanlly make a few modifications to it such as I omit the mushrooms and the peas and carrots but add fresh broccoli and sometimes chicken. If DB is eating I add corn cause he only like corn and broccoli. It is delicious. I suspect I will leave on it during his upcoming vacationa and deployment.

My normal day consists of Quaker Low Sugar Oatmeal and a double fiber english muffin or sandwich thin for breakfast. A salad with chicken for lunch or sometimes I will have a small salad and a sandwich (I use 45 calorie Sara Lee multi grain bread, lettace, tomato, pickles, red onoion and 4 strips of pre cooked bacon). I usually rotate the salad with chicken and then then sandwich with salad every other day. Then I make us a dinner. For snacks I eat fruit, 100 calorie micro popcorn, or 100 cal packs.

I do Weight Watchers and have lost almost 30 pounds since Feb. I have gone off the plan a few times while on vacation so I haven't lost as much as I could have plus I don't exercise at all due to my schedule.

Coooking Light's webiste is another great resource.

PM me and I can email you some additional ideas and recipes if you would like.
  8. trying to be PATIENT while i wait for the time to be OVER!
    trying to be PATIENT while i wait for the time to be OVER!
    Blog Entries
    Im defiently going to take some of you guys suggestions and New2This I will be pm' u!

~HE HAD MY HEART BEFORE HE BECAME A SOLDIER, HE WILL HAVE IT FOREVER AFTERWARDS~
  9. Senior Member
    I making turkey wraps
    Mommy's Little Monkey Mommy's Little Princess
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I agree with new2this, go to hungry-girl.com she has GREAT suggestions and recipes. Also her 2 cookbooks are great, and a lot of the recipes are just for 1, which is what I'm interested in because DB is deploying soon. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast