Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Veggie Recipe's!!

1. I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    Blog Entries

Help Favorite Veggie Recipe's!!

Advertisements
    Alright I have to do it, I have to completely revamp what I eat (health reasons).

I get to go to eating pretty much all Veggies and Chicken.. whoohoo

So here's the thing, I pretty much eat only Lima Beans, Green Beans, Salad (spinach), Carrots, Cucumbers, and Corn.

So anyway I want everyone's favorite Veggie Recipes so I can try new things (healthy). I tried making Asparagus a couple times, but A) I don't think I prepared it right and B) I could only tolerate it with butter and that just defeats the whole eating healthy thing.

Lets go people.. give me the best you got!
  2. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    Chicken and veggies is pretty much all I eat...

Chicken
    - With Shake n Bake
    - Mixed with tomato sauce and poured over pasta
    - Served with the above veggies
    - Served in salad
    - Chicken salad sandwiches
    - Perdue sells individual portions that are seasoned... white wine & garlic is nummy
    - Marinated with Lawry's Mesquite Sauce

Veggies
    - Cucumber Salad
    - Sweet n sour cucumbers
    - Green bean casserole w/ healthy request Campbells Cream of Mushroom
    - Carrots and lowfat ranch for a snack
    - Corn and lima beans together make succatash. lol
    - Corn in your cornbread with lowfat butter!
  3. I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    Blog Entries
    Great start!
  4. Senior Member
    Veggie pizza... You use the the crecent pillsbury dough and roll it out

Here's the link to a recipe similar to what I do...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Garden-...es/Detail.aspx

You can use what veggies you like to eat..

"Love is a Wild Crazy Passionate feeling bonding us to do the impossible with out each other we would never attempt."---DF

5. Senior Member
    This is another GREAT way to cook veggies..

Heres the link to this one.. the seasoning would be soooooo yummy

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bundle-...es/Detail.aspx

"Love is a Wild Crazy Passionate feeling bonding us to do the impossible with out each other we would never attempt."---DF

6. Senior Member
    i either saute, roast or grill all of my veggies. some of my faves are:
    grilled yellow squash and zucchini- cut into slices, marinate in EVOO, lemon juice, S&P for about 15 min. Then take wooden squres(sp?) and rosemary and slide them on and grill. SO yummy!

roasted asparagus- break the tough ends off. place them on backing sheet. Drizzle with EVOO, dried minced garlic, sea salt and cracked pepper. Toss with hands to coat evenly.
    Bake at 375 for 20 min, turning the asparagus half way through bake time.

I do the same thing with onion, green, yellow and red bell peppers.

i sautee whole green beans with EVOO, garlic and lemon juice.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    for the asparagus, i usually just eat it canned with lemon juice, salt and pepper. i love squash and zucchini, and you could always make fresh salsa or guacamole with tortillla chips for a snack. though tomatoes and avocados are technically fruits, i'm pretty sure.

i treat tomatoes like veggies though, they are so nutritious! one of my favorite things to do with them is simple and delicious-get roma tomatoes (you only need a few) and a ball of mozzarella-the italian kind that is in water. have fresh basil if possible but the dried works fine, and salt and pepper, and olive oil. slice the tomatoes and the mozzarella in about 1/4 inch slices and spread them out on a plate. drizzle lightly with olive oil then lightly salt, pepper and sprinkle basil. voila! insalata caprese, it's called.

for chicken, i love a good chicken salad. grill up some chicken with chili powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and onion powder. it will kind of blacken. slice it up and add it to a delicious salad! i like mine to have a bit of everything in it, with oil and vinegar or greek dressing.
  8. Formerly hishoneybee
    Formerly hishoneybee
    Blog Entries
    chicken cheese and yellow rice!!!!
    mmmmmmmmm
    cook your chicken and yellow rice normally, then in a deep casserole dish, put a layer of rice, chicken, then mozzarella cheese, keep going until the dish is full, put in the over and cook until the cheese is melty. yum!!!

Siggy by =Mrs.AiNokeA=
    SOS Awards 2009: Most Likely To Be Engaged Next & Ruler of The Bored Room
  9. Senior Member
    roast a whole chicken eat some with brown rice chop up the rest and make a wrap on some whole wheat tortilla and some hummss or in my case I usually pick the chicken apart and just dip it in the hummus as well as an veggie sin the house.

Chicken terriyaki but watch the soy sauce it's pretty high in sodium so I usually cut mine with water or chicken broth.

julian zuccini and squashes and add them to salads.
    or slice them and quickly dry sauté them and then sprinkle just a little fresh grated paresan over the top
    roast a bunch of veggies then puree then and use as a tapenade for crusty bread or I also use it instead of mayo on sandwhiches and wraps.
    Scamble eggs with veggies and garlic and heck throw the chicken in.

I was the book store and saw some pretty cool vegetarian books that had allot of great ways to prepare healthy dishes (FYI not all vegetarian dishes are healthy) and i made a few to go with our pork chops (insert a vegetarian gasp here)

anyway...

I use www.cookinglight.com for allot of recipes and inspiration, just make sure that when you do a recipe search that the one you pick is a cooking light one for whatever reason they now mixed all there sites together and some of them are not very healthy.
    bye for now
    W~

"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, Love truly and forgive quickly." -unknown

[/url]
  10. Senior Member
    Take boneless and skinless chicken brest tenderloins (the thinner chicken breasts), chop up your favorite veggies (make sure they'll taste good together), and mix in fat free italian dressing. Set aside. Take low fat or fat free cream cheese and whip it until it smooth, stir in veggie mix until its smooth (but not runny). Spread onto chicken, then roll chicken and secure with toothpicks or string. Brush on some more fat free italian dressing and bake on 325 or 350. About 10 minutes before its done, sprinkle some fat free mozzerella cheese on top. Mmm.

Spinich, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and bell peppers usually make for a good veggie mixture. =)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast