Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: WW Chili

  1. aka yankeelady78
    MissAmyB's Avatar
    MissAmyB is offline
    aka yankeelady78
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,649
    #1

    WW Chili

    Advertisements
    Here's a very WW friendly chili recipe, it's got 118 cals, .5g fat, 7.5 g fiber per serving. That's about 2 points. I get about 10 LARGE servings per pot.

    2 packets Boca Burger (3 come in a box)
    1 16 oz can black beans - I prefer Bush's for the beans
    1 16 oz can pinto beans
    1 28 oz can petite diced tomatoes
    1 11 oz jar salsa - I like to use Newman's Own Salsa w/ Pineapple
    1 small onion, diced
    Chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt to taste

    Heat pan to medium, add onion and Boca Burger, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes, black and pinto bean, salsa, and seasoning. Simmer on medium low for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.


    I top it with a little bit of cheddar cheese (whole fat, since the chili is so low in points) and serve it with cornbread. It's very filling!


    ETA: I should probably mention that I guessed how many servings is in a pot, it makes a BIG pot of chili. Dh and I both have a full cereal bowl full, then he goes back for seconds, then he takes some for work, and I freeze the rest. The leftovers I freeze are enough to do it all again. So I guessed but I did it conservatively.
    Amy
  2. Death Before Decaf!!
    Becca's Avatar
    Becca is offline
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Goose Creek, SC
    Posts
    27,295
    Blog Entries
    6
    #2
    This sounds like it has great potential - but what are boca burger packets?
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  3. aka yankeelady78
    MissAmyB's Avatar
    MissAmyB is offline
    aka yankeelady78
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,649
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    This sounds like it has great potential - but what are boca burger packets?
    Hi there!!

    We don't have "Veggie Crumbles" here...so I buy a box of Boca Burger. There are 3 plastic wrapped "packets" of Boca Burger in each box, and I use two of them in the recipe.
    Amy
  4. justkristin
    Guest
    justkristin's Avatar
    Guest
    #4
    Oh this sounds so good and easy - I will be trying this soon! Thanks for posting!
  5. Death Before Decaf!!
    Becca's Avatar
    Becca is offline
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Goose Creek, SC
    Posts
    27,295
    Blog Entries
    6
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAmyB View Post
    Hi there!!

    We don't have "Veggie Crumbles" here...so I buy a box of Boca Burger. There are 3 plastic wrapped "packets" of Boca Burger in each box, and I use two of them in the recipe.
    Cool, so it's like veggie crumbles by Boca?? That sounds awesome - we don't have that here that I've found yet. I'll keep an eye out
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  6. aka yankeelady78
    MissAmyB's Avatar
    MissAmyB is offline
    aka yankeelady78
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,649
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Cool, so it's like veggie crumbles by Boca?? That sounds awesome - we don't have that here that I've found yet. I'll keep an eye out
    You know, I took a closer look at the box, and Boca Burger is the BRAND and the product is called ground "beef". It's a soy product just like veggie crumbles, but I thought it was called Boca Burger. Sorry I'm confuzzling!
    Amy
  7. Alyss
    Guest
    Alyss's Avatar
    Guest
    #7
    this is sooooooooo good!!!
  8. Senior Member
    mackenziesmommy's Avatar
    mackenziesmommy is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,203
    #8
    just use ground turkey it does the same thing...I do mine with ground turkey and instead of the salsa rotel tomatoes and add corn
  9. Regular Member
    Army Wife's Avatar
    Army Wife is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    57
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAmyB View Post
    Here's a very WW friendly chili recipe, it's got 118 cals, .5g fat, 7.5 g fiber per serving. That's about 2 points. I get about 10 LARGE servings per pot.

    2 packets Boca Burger (3 come in a box)
    1 16 oz can black beans - I prefer Bush's for the beans
    1 16 oz can pinto beans
    1 28 oz can petite diced tomatoes
    1 11 oz jar salsa - I like to use Newman's Own Salsa w/ Pineapple
    1 small onion, diced
    Chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt to taste

    Heat pan to medium, add onion and Boca Burger, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes, black and pinto bean, salsa, and seasoning. Simmer on medium low for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.


    I top it with a little bit of cheddar cheese (whole fat, since the chili is so low in points) and serve it with cornbread. It's very filling!


    ETA: I should probably mention that I guessed how many servings is in a pot, it makes a BIG pot of chili. Dh and I both have a full cereal bowl full, then he goes back for seconds, then he takes some for work, and I freeze the rest. The leftovers I freeze are enough to do it all again. So I guessed but I did it conservatively.
    If i can't find Boca Burger, about how much ground turkey would i use?
  10. Account Closed
    sweetpea03's Avatar
    sweetpea03 is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,691
    #10
    That sounds so good! I'm gonna make it tomorrow night! Thanks for sharing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •