Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Roasted Pork

1. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Roasted Pork

Advertisements
    I am posting this recipe here because we got it off the diabetic cooking site but it can be used by anyone.

3 Tbsps barbecue sauce ( it doesnt specify any particular brand but we used Jack Daniels No 7)

1 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce

1 Tbsp dry sherry (but we used Mirin which is a rice wine)

2 cloves of garlic, minced

1/2 tsp crushed szechwan peppercorns or red pepper flakes ( this is a bit spicy but unless you put the sauce over the meat its not to bad)

2 whole pork tenderloins ( about 1-1/4 to 1 1/2 lbs total

Preheat oven to 350. Combine barbecue sauce, soy sauce, sherry or rice wine, garlic and peppercorns in small bowl.

Brush one fourth of the mixture evenly over each roast. Place roasts on rack in shallow foil lined roasting pan. Cook roasts 15 minutes; turn and brush with remaining BBQ sauce mixture. Continue to cook until internal temperature reachers 165F when tested with meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of roast. (Timing will depend on thickness of pork; test at 30 minutes)

Transfer roast to cutting board; cover with foil, Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before carving. Internal Temp will continue to rise 5 to 10 degrees F during stand time. Slice diagonally and serve warm with rice, if desired.

Makes 4 servings

Calories 199
    Calories from Fat 26%
    Total Fat 5 grams
    Sat Fat 2 grams
    Cholesterol 101 mg
    Carbs 3 grams
    Fiber 0
    Protein 32 grams
    Sodium 301 mg

This is very yummy.

2. beijmanli

A good medicine

A good medicine tastes bitter.-------------------------We provide all WoW Gold services. You can buy WoW Gold Cheap WoW Gold here!Welcome to our website for you World of Warcraft Gold,WoW Gold,Cheap World of Warcraft Gold,buy cheap WoW Gold,real WoW Gold,sell WoW Gold,
  3. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    ok what the double hockey sticks is this. Why is someone spamming my thread here. This is the second time this has happened today.

4. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    This sounds good.. I have some sugar free BBQ sauce that would probably be pretty good with it..

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need