Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: El centro

1. Senior Member

El centro

Advertisements
    Has Any one been or is stationed there ?
    do you like it? is housing nice? what is there to do there?
    TIA.
  2. Matt's Gurl [10.09.03]
    Matt's Gurl [10.09.03]
    i didnt know there was a base there i'v been there a few times to go to the desert and camp and take our quads and dirtbikes but, . . . but i guess its a normal city not as fun as "wonderful SD" . . . but anyways its all right
    TK
    I have a friend who's husband is stationed at El Centro. She likes having A/C and a big back yard, but that's about it. She's always complaining how there's nothing around. No major stores, like when she was in San Diego. The housing she's in is on base, no garage-just a carport. She gripes about the planes flying too low. I'm going for a visit in July. Good luck on your orders.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    We live in La Mesa, it's alittle further out east and about half way to El Cantro from the beach. As far as I know, it's nice area. Warm and you can always buy fans and things to keep cool during the summer! Good luck~
  5. Single and Lovin' it!
    Single and Lovin' it!
    We flew into there on a MAC flight we took once...its in the middle of nowhere...
    We wont buy, while cats and dogs die.
    Save a life...get a shelter animal.

YUM...
  6. Senior Member
    Middle of nowhere and HOT. Nearest things to do are playing in the dunes or driving to San Diego. There is a mall there, but that is about it. Can't tell you about housing or anything though. It is completely surrounded by agriculture, so you can imagine how good it smells...

7. Regular Member
    DB just got orders for El Centro!!! like today!
  8. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbleheadwife View Post
    We live in La Mesa, it's alittle further out east and about half way to El Cantro from the beach. As far as I know, it's nice area. Warm and you can always buy fans and things to keep cool during the summer! Good luck~
    It's more like 100 miles away from El Cajon. Is that what you were thinking of? It's a small town on the way to Yuma. We drive through there a lot Mary and it's pretty small, and doesn't seem like a lot to do. But I know you all like quads and stuff, so that would be a blast as far as that goes!!
  9. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbleheadwife View Post
    Well El Centro is not really 'a little' further east than La Mesa, LOL . It's not even close to halfway between the beach and El Centro . La Mesa is like 20 mins from the beach and 1.5 hours from El Centro .

I dislike Imperial Valley County all together....I was born there (Calexico), I have family there (Calexico, El Centro, Holtville), I visit once in a blue moon, but you would never catch me LIVING there ...
  10. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by sdshorty View Post
    Well El Centro is not really 'a little' further east than La Mesa, LOL . It's not even close to halfway between the beach and El Centro . La Mesa is like 20 mins from the beach and 1.5 hours from El Centro .

I dislike Imperial Valley County all together....I was born there (Calexico), I have family there (Calexico, El Centro, Holtville), I visit once in a blue moon, but you would never catch me LIVING there ...
    I think she totally meant El Cajon!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast