Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are we going to get stabbed in our sleep?

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Ahhh I see well who knows how long ago google took the street view photos. Someone may have specifically put it there when the street camera car went by to be dumb. San Diego is one of the safest large cities in the US. The murder rate is exceptionally low. Most crime is petty theft and car jacking. Don't leave shit in your car or leave it unlocked, you'll be fine otherwise. I've had my car broken into once (they didn't take anything lol) in the almost 7 years I've lived here.

San Diego is a very outdoorsy city. All of the parks/hiking trails/beach/fun stuff outside are busy pretty much anytime there's daylight. I would say 90% of the metro area is totally safe, and you wouldn't likely end up in the unsafe areas anyways (parts of national city, encanto, near the border/san Ysidro, city heights (altho it's gentrifying rapidly and has delicious restaurants))
    Im definitely looking forward to the food. I just don't want to be surprised... I should stop looking on the internet. These ladies are talking about teenagers getting *cough* friendly, in the park in broad daylight. Kids getting toys stolen while at the park, teenagers jumping fences at night.
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    Im definitely looking forward to the food. I just don't want to be surprised... I should stop looking on the internet. These ladies are talking about teenagers getting *cough* friendly, in the park in broad daylight. Kids getting toys stolen while at the park, teenagers jumping fences at night.
    Well..... as a teenager I totally made out with my boyfriend in the park in broad daylight so

As for the rest, like, that's really minimally bad behavior. Why are you so worried about it? Don't leave toys behind at the park or let them get out of sight, they won't get stolen. Teenagers running around at night doesn't mean crime is going on.

I don't mean this in a bad way but I can't tell if you've lived in an idyllic friendly small town your entire life or somewhere so horrible you want every ounce of safety you can get for your family?

San Diego is a very lush, multi-cultural city filled with all kinds of people and nature. Common sense is pretty much enough to protect you here. Don't give stuff to the homeless, don't go in the ocean if it has rained in the last 3 days, don't drive the speed limit in the left lane, and don't leave your belongings out where people can steal them with zero effort.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. Senior Member
    I don't know about San Diego being the safest...maybe its just me. I walked into a subway about an hour before a shooting happened just at the corner of where I was. My husband asked me if that is where I got lunch I said yes...he said never again are you going that area.
  4. Senior Member
    That's happened at like all 5 bases I've lived at . It happens anywhere.

But, like every place, San Diego is what you make it. I loved it there and I really liked living in Murphy Canyon.

5. Senior Member
    There was a burrito shop all around like you drive up and get these....and my husband and i would get breakfast ones and go to Balbao park sunday mornings and walk around eating these huge things. If it wasn't that I had my own personal issues with SD and all I would go back knowing I was leaving at some point.
  6. Senior Member
    Well..... as a teenager I totally made out with my boyfriend in the park in broad daylight so

As for the rest, like, that's really minimally bad behavior. Why are you so worried about it? Don't leave toys behind at the park or let them get out of sight, they won't get stolen. Teenagers running around at night doesn't mean crime is going on.

I don't mean this in a bad way but I can't tell if you've lived in an idyllic friendly small town your entire life or somewhere so horrible you want every ounce of safety you can get for your family?

San Diego is a very lush, multi-cultural city filled with all kinds of people and nature. Common sense is pretty much enough to protect you here. Don't give stuff to the homeless, don't go in the ocean if it has rained in the last 3 days, don't drive the speed limit in the left lane, and don't leave your belongings out where people can steal them with zero effort.
    I kinda feel like people in the housing groups exaggerate too. When I moved to Fort Polk I found all these people talking about how bad the base was crime wise, and while the entire area is a shithole that would be better off burned to the ground, I don't really remember ever feeling unsafe there. I'm not sure what's so suspicious about a camper being parked on the street either, do you think they're cooking meth in it? You're not generally allowed to park campers on the street as far as I'm aware, so it's probably not there anymore.
  7. Senior Member

They said the dude was getting head.
    I made out, but for that kind of stuff I snuck out at night :

I have totally lived in a bubble
    The first time I went to Atlanta I was robbed.

Honestly, I picture getting run over tryingto cross the street to the playground where my children would find used condoms. I wish people would post pictures of their kids playing in the park with no issues.

Also, rats. They have posted pictures of rats. I've never lived in a place where rats exist....

Maybe they do exaggerate, I hope so. I noticed a lot of the posts were coming from the same person...

I'm so excited about so much but freaked out about so much.
  8. Moderator

Please donít ask people to post pictures of their children at the playground. Thatís so weird.

While wives pages are good places for some info, it is also a place where some wives complain. Take it all with a grain of salt.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    Please donít ask people to post pictures of their children at the playground. Thatís so weird.

While wives pages are good places for some info, it is also a place where some wives complain. Take it all with a grain of salt.
    oh my god I didn't mean to come off like that hahaha
  10. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

If you look in my housing group right now you'll see posts about cars being broken into, brown water coming out the faucets, pictures of dogs being on the loose, and posts upon posts bitching about maintenance.

also, this base has a rodent problem... so it's not entirely unheard of.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast