Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: San Diego Meet up Planning!

1. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket

San Diego Meet up Planning!

Advertisements
    Now that the holidays are over and I survived 6 days of in-laws and 7 days of my own parents, let's plan a meet up!!

I am willing to drive whereever, but work 8ish-4:30ish.

We should have food, and it should be family friendly, and probably not outdoors because it's cold and I'm a wuss. And not too expensive, right?

My suggestion: weekend lunch/brunch! Maybe somewhere we can get reservations a head of time.

Anyone else with ideas? How many people want to come?
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  2. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire

I will come!
  3. Senior Member
    I'm in as long as it is before the baby arrives (February 19th EDD)!

I plan spouse events and one place that worked out nicely was Panama 66 in Balboa park. Each person orders separately at the counter and it's open seating. Also there is access to the sculpture garden which is nice space for kids to run around in. You used to be able to bring your food and drinks to the grass and have a picnic but I'd need to ask if that was still an option. It's all outside so we would need a nice weather day and a backup.

Another easy thing is a beach picnic at Beeakers beach on NASNI. We usually each bring drinks and some food to share and it works out nicely. I don't usually do this with kids so we would need a mom to weigh in to say if it were doable.

I have lots of other ideas if needed!

In terms of dates I'd vote as soon as possible in case baby comes early I'm also open to a happy hour weekday meet up!
  4. Vex
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    Blog Entries

Awww, Feb. 19 is my birthday! That would be so cool!

I work a regular 9-5 M-F job, and weekends are generally busy for me, but I'm super interested in going. Brunch could be good, but I also like the idea of a happy hour meetup as long as the location works for everyone. Basically, I just need a solid date so I can carve it out in my calendar.
  5. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by katiebee View Post
    I will come!
    You better!

Quote Originally Posted by Anna*Banana View Post
    I'm in as long as it is before the baby arrives (February 19th EDD)!

I plan spouse events and one place that worked out nicely was Panama 66 in Balboa park. Each person orders separately at the counter and it's open seating. Also there is access to the sculpture garden which is nice space for kids to run around in. You used to be able to bring your food and drinks to the grass and have a picnic but I'd need to ask if that was still an option. It's all outside so we would need a nice weather day and a backup.

Another easy thing is a beach picnic at Beeakers beach on NASNI. We usually each bring drinks and some food to share and it works out nicely. I don't usually do this with kids so we would need a mom to weigh in to say if it were doable.

I have lots of other ideas if needed!

In terms of dates I'd vote as soon as possible in case baby comes early I'm also open to a happy hour weekday meet up!
    I'll do whatever! Those sound fun, as long as the weather cooperates. Someone would have to get me on to NASNI I don't have base access anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    Awww, Feb. 19 is my birthday! That would be so cool!

I work a regular 9-5 M-F job, and weekends are generally busy for me, but I'm super interested in going. Brunch could be good, but I also like the idea of a happy hour meetup as long as the location works for everyone. Basically, I just need a solid date so I can carve it out in my calendar.
    If it comes down to it, we could plan 2 - a weekend family thing and a weeknight happy hour. I'll do anything though. DH is on night shift (and weekend work ) again so I'm all alone now
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post

I'll do whatever! Those sound fun, as long as the weather cooperates. Someone would have to get me on to NASNI I don't have base access anymore
    Oh good point! We should pick something non military!

Does the 23rd work? How about the 30th or 6th? I'm good with any!

Another option apart from Panama 66 is the Crack Shack which is the new place in Little Italy next to Juniper and Ivy!
  7. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna*Banana View Post
    Oh good point! We should pick something non military!

Does the 23rd work? How about the 30th or 6th? I'm good with any!

Another option apart from Panama 66 is the Crack Shack which is the new place in Little Italy next to Juniper and Ivy!
    Any of those days work for me. I just read the crack shack menu and it sounds amazing! But I do like Panama 66 too so anything is good
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I'd love to come about 45 mins out but if you ladies pick a date I'm there.
  9. Vex
    Blog Entries

I have dinner plans on 1/23 already, but either the 30th or the 6th will work for me.
  10. Senior Member
    How does lunch on the 30th work for everyone?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast