Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: San Diego / Murphy Canyon Roll Call

1. Regular Member

Hello San Diego / Murphy Canyon Roll Call

Advertisements
    Who's with me?

We've been here seven years, with another 1.5 left on current orders. Hubby is on the Essex. 4 kiddos, ages 7, 9, 10 & 13. I'm a full time student, working part-time from home. I like coffee and long walks on the.... just kidding
  2. Vex
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    Blog Entries

Hells yes!!

I'm in San Diego (La Mesa, actually), been here almost four years. DB is in Pendleton. He was just stationed in February, so he has a couple more years left here. I work full-time for an SaaS company out in Pacific Beach and also love coffee.
  3. Senior Member
    I've been in San Diego since April 2014 and will be here until at least April 2016. We live in Coronado and are waiting for our first to be born in Feb! I don't love everything about San Diego but it's going to be so hard to leave this beautiful weather!!
  4. Senior Member
    I used to live in Murphy Canyon in San Diego a couple of years ago, it's a great little community! If everything goes according to plan, we should be back there around autumn of next year! I'm so excited I'm already counting down the days

5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    Hells yes!!

I'm in San Diego (La Mesa, actually), been here almost four years. DB is in Pendleton. He was just stationed in February, so he has a couple more years left here. I work full-time for an SaaS company out in Pacific Beach and also love coffee.
    Oh, a SaaS company? That's awesome because I worked for a Social Media agency for many years and we partnered with a TON of SaaS companies.
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna*Banana View Post
    I've been in San Diego since April 2014 and will be here until at least April 2016. We live in Coronado and are waiting for our first to be born in Feb! I don't love everything about San Diego but it's going to be so hard to leave this beautiful weather!!
    Coronado... LUCKY duck! We had too many dependents to live down there but we do have some good friends that live in the little bungalow/cottage style homes and her house seriously reminds me of a pottery barn commercial! We're kind of ready to leave too but after almost 8 years of the sunshine and minimal humidity, it will def be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I used to live in Murphy Canyon in San Diego a couple of years ago, it's a great little community! If everything goes according to plan, we should be back there around autumn of next year! I'm so excited I'm already counting down the days
    I'm not sure if we'll still be here or not but I'm guessing probably so. If you need anything, feel free to send me a private message any time! Would you be headed to MC again?
  7. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket

DH isn't in the Navy anymore, but we live in Rancho Bernardo. I work in La Jolla. He's in Germany right now but will be home at Xmas.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LatteLove View Post
    I'm not sure if we'll still be here or not but I'm guessing probably so. If you need anything, feel free to send me a private message any time! Would you be headed to MC again?
    Thanks

I loved our house in Murphy Canyon, but I think DH wants to live out in town this time around. We have two large breed dogs so finding a place in town that allows our pets is going to be a challenge. We shall see.

I just hope we get San Diego again . DH was told after he finishes this billet that he'd get a say in where he goes next or they'd at least send him back to the base he came from (Miramar). I'm praying that we can go back. I miss it there so much!

9. Vex
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LatteLove View Post
    Oh, a SaaS company? That's awesome because I worked for a Social Media agency for many years and we partnered with a TON of SaaS companies.
    Yes! I work for AppFolio, but the company here used to be RentLinx (APM acquired us in April). It's a pretty amazing company, and we'll be combining offices early next year with their other SD-acquired company, MyCase.
  10. Senior Member
    Coronado representing! DH and I are only in the States for 8 months between OCONUS orders so we got a small furnished rental on the Island. San Diego is the home of our hearts though, and we are so happy to be here for at least a short time.

And now you'll have to excuse me as I'm about to go for a walk on the beach. I love this place!
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast