Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fallon, NV

1. is so happy to have him HOME!!
    is so happy to have him HOME!!
    Blog Entries

Big Grin Fallon, NV

Advertisements
    Anyone live here? We have 2 children, who are 4 and 7. Both in school and looking for suggestions on schools, areas to live in and whatever you can give.

Thanks so much!!
    Mommy to Gavin and Tristan
    Wife to Nick.
  2. Senior Member
    Can't give advice on schools, but it's an ok town. It is in the desert. Well almost anywhere in NV is... At least you will have the commissary and exchange. However, the exchange is nothing like any exchange I've ever been to before. It's more like a glorified snack shop that has a uniform shop. We'd drive up there for DH to get his uniform stuff since that is the nearest place here for him.

I know awhile back they had that thing about the water. I'm guessing it is better now after all of the publicity.

I know... Not much help but I can ask people at work what they know about it, but it'll be more of a civilian perspective as opposed to military. If DH can't get the other base over here after his geobachelor tour, we will try to get him to go to Fallon. We'd still live here, it would just be a drive for DH, but it was a drive when he was here before, I love the schools where we are, low crime, etc.... The elementary school kids don't even lock up their bikes. That is how open and trusting it is here.

If a commute isn't an issue, I can suggest a few places. PM me.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot do!
  3. is so happy to have him HOME!!
    is so happy to have him HOME!!
    Blog Entries
    Commute isn't an issue for us. Please let me know any opinions or input you can get. I'll send you a PM. Thank you!
    Mommy to Gavin and Tristan
    Wife to Nick.