Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone in San Diego?

1. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by adaxel View Post
    Okay, geez, i always forget how much more expensive it is to live there. And I have a cat! I may get rid of it before I move though, not sure yet
    A lot of places will allow cats. I would hope you wouldn't want to get rid of your pet.
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Yeah, I figured. And he's a lost cat I took in a couple months ago. I may want to find a new home for him; I helped him get healthier but I wasn't really planning on getting a cat, he just kinda came to me, and i wasn't going to leave him to die. But I think it may be good if i can find a good home for him; I can't take the best care of him, as i'm not home much, and can't really afford to take care of him.
  3. Senior Member
    I'm in San Diego now We just got here about 3 weeks ago and live in one of the military housing communities. I love it here. I've heard great things about Santee for living, but other than that most people I know chose base housing because of their family size. The traffic can get a little heavy but I haven't been stuck in anything too bad yet. Weather here is amazing! I think in the past few weeks I've only had to run the a/c a handful of times.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adaxel View Post
    Well cool, how's adjusting going? I'm not going to lie, I'm scared to completely uproot and start over pretty much, but i'll be doing it with him, which makes it worth it. And cool, i've heard Coronado is really nice!
    It is a very big adjustment so I think it takes time but so far its going very well! DH was in Newport RI for training from Jan to Mar and I was able to join him for most of that time. Through that experience we met other people who were going to be in San Diego with us so it was nice to have a few friends when we arrived.
  5. Senior Member
    Look into Ramona. Its far enough away for country living, but closer than Alpine. We've been in SD for almost 3 years and hate the big city feel. Im from a small TX town with 1500 people lol, so moving here was shocking. I got used to it, but we're so ready to leave.

6. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by SubmarineWife View Post
    Look into Ramona. Its far enough away for country living, but closer than Alpine. We've been in SD for almost 3 years and hate the big city feel. Im from a small TX town with 1500 people lol, so moving here was shocking. I got used to it, but we're so ready to leave.
    I don't think Ramona is closer than Alpine to 32nd St. Base. Maybe closer to Miramar or Pendleton but it's pretty dang far north and east. But yeah, it is very pretty and country up there.

To the OP: I really wouldn't recommend living more than like 20 miles from base. Your Dh will end up spending his life in traffic otherwise. When you're looking at places, just googlemaps to see how far it is to base.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you all for the suggestions, I'll start searching around looking at those cities you all mentioned, thank you so much He and I really just don't wanna be in the big city if we can help it at all, since we'll be there for four years but thank you all, I'll definitely start looking into those places!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123