Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in San Diego?

1. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by adaxel View Post
    Well he and i are country lovers, that's why we were interested in the town He and I just aren't huge fans of the city But if it's that far then maybe not... :/

And yes, he's on the 32nd street base, he's just living on the ship right now until we get married.

Also, I'm totally new to this site, is there anyway that I can like private message you ladies so I can get to know you guys?
    I think the ability to PM requires a minimum post count... not sure on the amount though.
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    holy cow, that's crazy. Shucks, well I guess we may have to settle for the city And like i said, we just like smaller towns; we don't like the city much. We come from a town of 7,000 people. That's crazy that the traffic is so stinking bad
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    And oh, that makes sense why it said something about me not having access to it, gotcha
  4. Senior Member
    holy cow, that's crazy. Shucks, well I guess we may have to settle for the city And like i said, we just like smaller towns; we don't like the city much. We come from a town of 7,000 people. That's crazy that the traffic is so stinking bad
    You might consider La Mesa. It's still a bit out, but it's a reasonable commute. There are a lot of older people, so it's more chill. I'd live closer to the La Mesa Village area, as some parts can have crime issues, I think. But around the village is nice and pretty chill.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Oh boy, have you guys ever lived in a big city before? Your DH is enlisted right? Honestly, it's hard to afford an actual house in SD on the BAH of a lower enlisted, so you will probably end up in an apartment/condo situation. However, some neighborhoods are really nice and more suburban (as opposed to urban).

Some places I would maybe recommend: Rancho San Diego (DH and I used to live here and it's on the outer part of town and very nice, near woods and stuff), Santee (parts of it are right near a national preserve sort of thing), Bonita & Otay Lake are more semi-rural but I can't vouch for them other than that, Tierrasanta is only urban a bit and mostly suburban and semi-rural and is much closer. I'll see if I can think of others...
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Okay, awesome ! I'll definitely look into those cities! Thank you And no, we haven't lived in cities of over 50,000 people since we were super young And he is enlisted, E4. About how much is BAH a month for CA?
  7. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Okay, awesome ! I'll definitely look into those cities! Thank you And no, we haven't lived in cities of over 50,000 people since we were super young And he is enlisted, E4. About how much is BAH a month for CA?
    ~ $1900. It's about enough for a nicer 2 bedroom or a crappier 3 bedroom. Or a very small old house. I'd count on using at least 200 of that per month for utilities though, AC is necessary esp. in the East part of the county and water rates are going up like crazy due to the drought! Do you guys have any pets?
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Okay, geez, i always forget how much more expensive it is to live there. And I have a cat! I may get rid of it before I move though, not sure yet
  9. Senior Member
    We just got to San Diego on April 7th and I'm hoping to meet some new people as well! DH and I are probably the opposite of you and your DF since we just moved from Philadelphia and are very much city people. We ended up on Corornado and it's nice but it is a bit too suburban for us We are enjoying exploring a new area though!
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Well cool, how's adjusting going? I'm not going to lie, I'm scared to completely uproot and start over pretty much, but i'll be doing it with him, which makes it worth it. And cool, i've heard Coronado is really nice!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast