Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kid-friendly things to do in San Diego :)

1. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡

Kid-friendly things to do in San Diego :)

Advertisements
    We've got 5 days to visit in SD and are looking for things to do.

Obviously, the zoo is the number one thing we're interested in! DS loooves animals so that's perfect.
    Other than that and possibly SeaWorld, what are your "must-see" attractions/places? Ds is 18 months, and all but one evening he will be with us!
    Restaurant suggestions are welcome, too. Last time we went to that cool 50s diner (I forget the name?) so we'd like to try other places!

TIA!

2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Visit me!!!

but yeah there's legoland, safari park, balboa park has some fun museums, there's a small nature center/aquarium place (I will have to look up the name later), Scripps aquarium.

restaurants... What kind of price range are you looking for?
  3. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    I will have five days, so it's a possibility!!

Oh, I didn't know there was an aquarium! (I mean, I should've guessed.) We will definitely have to hit that up.

Any price range is fine. We're looking for different casual lunch things, a couple dinners which have to be kid-friendly, plus one "date night" for just the two of us. I would prefer something local as opposed to a chain-type since we can get that anywhere!

4. Senior Member
    Seaport Village is a lot of fun for browsing around and doing a little shopping. They have fun and casual little places to eat there. The Midway museum is right there, and so is the Sailor kissing the Nurse statue.

The Melting Pot is BOMB for date nights. That's right downtown.

There's so much to do in SD. I can never think of all the stuff when people post about what to do there!
  5. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Oh yeah, the midway is cool. I really like it. This is the nature place I mentioned:The Living Coast Discovery Center | Where wonder comes naturally. Formerly Chula Vista Nature Center
    It looks super kid friendly. also, not sure when you'll be here but this weekend (oct 4-5) is an airshow at Miramar base.

For restaurants, anything mexican, which I'm sure you already know I also love love love the middle eastern food here in SD. It's the best I've ever had. For a date night, if you want something downtown and not chain, I recommend this place:CURRANT : American Brasserie : 619.702.63.09 : 140 West Broadway San Diego, CA 9201 It's soooo good.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  6. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Oh yeah, the midway is cool. I really like it. This is the nature place I mentioned:The Living Coast Discovery Center | Where wonder comes naturally. Formerly Chula Vista Nature Center
    It looks super kid friendly. also, not sure when you'll be here but this weekend (oct 4-5) is an airshow at Miramar base.

For restaurants, anything mexican, which I'm sure you already know I also love love love the middle eastern food here in SD. It's the best I've ever had. For a date night, if you want something downtown and not chain, I recommend this place:CURRANT : American Brasserie : 619.702.63.09 : 140 West Broadway San Diego, CA 9201 It's soooo good.
    That place looks awesome!!

7. By the power of Greyskull...
    By the power of Greyskull...
    Mexican- Cafe Coyote in Old Town. Old Town is only a couple of miles away and just about everything is free. I don't think any Mexican food will ever compare. My mouth might be watering right now.

Date night- Peohe's on Coronado. It's bay side and the food was great! Not sure of what all there is downtown. There are a few seafood restaurants at the big shopping area on the water (and I'm totally drawing a blank on what it's called) and the service sucked. We left one restaurant!!!
  8. I like my beats fast and my bass down low
    I like my beats fast and my bass down low
    When are you coming to SD?

If you're coming in October, they've got several things going that are free for kids - here's the link: Kids Free in San Diego all October Long

I didn't click through all the pages in the link, but I know the SD Zoo and Safari Park, as well as Legoland and Seaworld are free for kids in October too
  9. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldskool View Post
    When are you coming to SD?

If you're coming in October, they've got several things going that are free for kids - here's the link: Kids Free in San Diego all October Long

I didn't click through all the pages in the link, but I know the SD Zoo and Safari Park, as well as Legoland and Seaworld are free for kids in October too
    Thanks! Yes I'll be there Wednesday through Monday. We're definitely doing a lot of those things.

10. I like my beats fast and my bass down low
    I like my beats fast and my bass down low
    No prob It's supposed to be HOT here next week (like upper 80's into the 90's)! Summer clothes and sun block
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast