Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running away??

1. Live In Love
    Live In Love

Running away??

Advertisements
    Lately I've been dreaming about packing everything I can in my vehicle, loading up the dogs, and just moving to San Diego. I know it would be incredibly tough financially, but I literally have dreams about it....make the crazy thoughts go away!!!!
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Just packing up & leaving is never a good option, IMO. If you want to go to San Diego than plan for it. Make sure you're set financially, and have a set job & place to live.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Live In Love
    Live In Love
    That's the hard part. How do I find a place to live without a job? And how do I get a job without an interview of place to live. If seems like a never ending cycle. I'll probably never eave here, but a girl can dream, right??
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    For a place like SD, where the cost of living is pretty high, you're going to want to make a plan. But yes, a girl can dream!
  5. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I have a friend couple who literally did just that. They were en route to Portland from DC with their moving van, stopped in SD, decided they liked it better here. It's been tough for them, they live in a VERY shitty part of town & the wife just got a job after 6+ months of searching. The husband is still unemployed. I really wouldn't recommend it, they are both highly educated & had significant savings when they got here and it's still been incredibly hard.

If you truly want to live here, start job searching. Many places will give you phone/skype interviews. IDK what kind of background you have but if you have a current job maybe they could transfer you out here? I got my first internship out here without any formal interview.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  6. Live In Love
    Live In Love
    I work as a dispatcher for a 911 center right now. So all my qualifications will transfer throughout the country. I'm just looking to see what may work, just dreaming for now.nand once I actually have money, I'll start saving
  7. Senior Member
    Do you speak Spanish? LOL. Every damn job is SD says "bilingual required". I love San Diego though. I want to live there the rest of my life. Buuuuut, the Navy is taking us elsewhere.
  8. Live In Love
    Live In Love
    No Spanish. German and polish though..which does me no good. At all.
  9. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I have a friend couple who literally did just that. They were en route to Portland from DC with their moving van, stopped in SD, decided they liked it better here. It's been tough for them, they live in a VERY shitty part of town & the wife just got a job after 6+ months of searching. The husband is still unemployed. I really wouldn't recommend it, they are both highly educated & had significant savings when they got here and it's still been incredibly hard.

If you truly want to live here, start job searching. Many places will give you phone/skype interviews. IDK what kind of background you have but if you have a current job maybe they could transfer you out here? I got my first internship out here without any formal interview.
    Exactly. SD is not the place you'd want to just run away to without a plan in place. Everything is expensive out here so just coming here without anything would land you in an inexpensive but shitty apartment probably in a sketchy location.

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Do you speak Spanish? LOL. Every damn job is SD says "bilingual required". I love San Diego though. I want to live there the rest of my life. Buuuuut, the Navy is taking us elsewhere.
    Yup, that sucks too.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  10. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherBear View Post
    No Spanish. German and polish though..which does me no good. At all.
    There is a small Polish community here, not sure about jobs with them though! But I live near a Polish neighborhood
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast