Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: San Diego - Honeymoon Help!

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    FYI, the Melting Pot is pretty commercial and just sort of "meh", IMO, and overpriced for what it is. IDK if you are set on going there, but I thought I'd throw in my $.02.

And if you want an amazing meal and don't mind dropping a ton of cash, Nobu at the Hard Rock in the gas lamp is divine. But is is very, very spendy. Very.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  2. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    FYI, the Melting Pot is pretty commercial and just sort of "meh", IMO, and overpriced for what it is. IDK if you are set on going there, but I thought I'd throw in my $.02.

And if you want an amazing meal and don't mind dropping a ton of cash, Nobu at the Hard Rock in the gas lamp is divine. But is is very, very spendy. Very.
    Not set on it but haven't been. Are there better fondue places or just fondue in general isn't great for a meal? I've only had fondue at home.

Yeah, don't think we'll be dropping some serious cash at a restaurant this trip. Already spending a lot as it is with all the activities and restaurants to begin with. But thanks for the tip. If we ever find ourselves in SD again on a shorter, less expensive trip, we might have to check it out.
  3. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    Not set on it but haven't been. Are there better fondue places or just fondue in general isn't great for a meal? I've only had fondue at home.

Yeah, don't think we'll be dropping some serious cash at a restaurant this trip. Already spending a lot as it is with all the activities and restaurants to begin with. But thanks for the tip. If we ever find ourselves in SD again on a shorter, less expensive trip, we might have to check it out.
    I haven't heard of fondue elsewhere in SD

Melting pot is pretty fun, you get a range of flavors to choose from. It IS expensive though. If you are cool with a lighter meal you can just get a cheese course and a chocolate course, the meat +broth course is the more expensive part. Last time DH & I went there, we did their featured menu + drinks + tips and it was like 120$.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  4. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I haven't heard of fondue elsewhere in SD

Melting pot is pretty fun, you get a range of flavors to choose from. It IS expensive though. If you are cool with a lighter meal you can just get a cheese course and a chocolate course, the meat +broth course is the more expensive part. Last time DH & I went there, we did their featured menu + drinks + tips and it was like 120$.
    Holy cow! I'll have to discuss this with DH. I think it would be fun but I'm not sure about that price. Any suggestions on other restaurants?

So far I have:
    Crab Catcher
    Rock Bottom
    Albert's (Zoo)
    Il Fornaio (still seeing if this will work with our train wine tasting tour..)
    Ocean Journey Cafe (LegoLand)
    Sushi Tadokoro
    Calypso Bay Smokehouse BBQ (SeaWorld)
    Greek Islands Cafe
    Coronado Firehouse Bar & Grill
  5. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    I'm thinking maybe I want some Korean... TAEGUKGI • Korean BBQ - HOME
  6. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Ask Katiebee! She's taken her doggy to a couple doggy beaches in SD, I think.
    Yes! We love taking Holly the collie to the dog beach in Coronado. It's clean and we have always had a great time there. Then afterwards we usually take the dog for a walk around Coronado and get some food from one of the cafes.
  7. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by katiebee View Post
    Yes! We love taking Holly the collie to the dog beach in Coronado. It's clean and we have always had a great time there. Then afterwards we usually take the dog for a walk around Coronado and get some food from one of the cafes.
    I'm really excited to take Luna. I think we're going to get lunch at Coronado Firehouse Bar & Grill and sit on the patio with her.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123