Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: San Diego Housing

1. Senior Member

San Diego Housing

Advertisements
    I had posted this in the Murphy Canyon thread, but no response. Looking a little help. Thanks!

Hey gals! Its been a looonng time since Ive been on here. I googled and got a little info, even went back to the older threads but there are so many.

I wanted to know if maybe someone had some info for me. My DH is looking to go to IDC school in January. We havent gotten orders yet but, I like to know what we're getting into. I have never been to Cali, don't know where the school is located so I really don't know which area we could live in. We have a dog (60 pounds) and by the time we move We'll have three kids, the oldest in preschool.

Are there waiting lists for preschool? What area should we live in?
    Last edited by Evelyn; 04-29-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: *
  2. Senior Member
    I wish i could help with the preschools and the school. But with a dog that size Murphy Canyon is a option. If your husband is an E6 or higher you have options of Chesterton and Admiral Hartman. Those are single family homes. We live in Chesterton and love it. Sorry im not much more help.

3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Wish I could help. I live in Murphy Canyon but don't have any school-aged kids.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. Senior Member
    Thanks girls! Bump for school info
  5. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    We lived in Admiral Hartman last year and really enjoyed it. There aren't a lot of preschools in PB, and they are fairly expensive. We put the kids in the CDC, but there was a waiting list.

Are you working full time or in school? If so, maybe look into a CDC. If not, I don't think you can apply.

As for PB, I know there was a preschool in one of the churches, but we didn't look into it.

6. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Realistically, since you have a large dog Murphy Canyon is probably going to be the best fit. There are a ton of people that live up there and I doubt that many people would choose that location if the schools weren't very good. I, personally, don't know anything about the schools but, I would venture to guess, they are just fine.
  7. Senior Member
    Murphy Canyon is in Tierrasanta, which is supposed to have some of the best schools in San Diego. IDK about preschools though.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  8. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    There's Murphy Canyon preschool over on Murphy Canyon road just off of Aero.
    Murphy Canyon Preschool

It's not in Murphy Canyon but it's down the road. Depending on what part of MC you'd be in (if you move here) it could be between a 5-10 minute drive.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"