Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Wait lists?

1. Senior Member

Wait lists?

Advertisements
    What are the current wait list times for housing in San Diego? I looked at the website and either because of pets or rank or house size it looks like we will be limited to mostly Murphy canyon (Orleck or Santo), aero ridge, admiral Hartman, silver strand 1 or Chesterton

I think I'd be leaning towards Murphy Canyon because of the schools... And maybe I'd just home school my oldest for high school.

DH and I will be behind since we'd be submitting it 6 weeks after he gets there but I think we are better off in housing till I get a job
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot do!
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    So, I take it your DH is on board with you moving

Be sure to check the gun laws for base, not sure if you have to house them in the armory or not.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Senior Member
    Not certain yet, haven't really talked to him since Last Wed but with some other things going on I think it is best

I'm obviously going to talk to him more in detail tomorrow but I wanted to do my research about all options first before saying we are doing one thing or another (ie job prospects, schools, housing, so we can make an informed decision)

Worst case scenario is we will get a storage unit up here to put his truck and his friend can store the guns. I know by CA standards some of them are illegal due to mag capacity and assault weapons classification
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot do!
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Ah, ok.

Good luck

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  5. Senior Member
    There is Immediate availability for Murphy Canyon 4 bedroom units this month and next according to this weeks Housing Hot list.

Chesterton usally has some Three bedrooms available immediately but not right now. The most recent approximate wait list information I have is from March.

Wait list times:
    Chesterton 3bdrm 01-03 months
    My list does not break down Murphy Canyon into its separate little neighborhoods but for a 3 bdrm it lists the wait at 02-04 months. But there is a lot of housing up in Murphy Canyon. So it changes often.
    Admiral Hartman 3bdrm 03-05 months
    Silver Strand I 3 bdrm is 13-14 months (yes I have known people to wait a year to get into Strand housing.)

Hope that is helpful.
    ~ Sara ~