Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monterey, CA

1. Senior Member

Monterey, CA

Advertisements
    It took me four veeeerrrrry long days of driving from Georgia to Monterey, but the dog and I have finally made it to join DH!

I have to say the drive over was gorgeous! I've only ever flown straight to the West Coast so I got to see everything I missed when flying over. I was just curious to see if there were any other MSOSers around the area/used to live in the area? Anyone have any suggestions on places to check out on the weekends? DH told me the wharf has several places that do crepes and I've been dying to go! The only place I've had the guts to adventure to so far has been Target because I'm still getting used to the California streets and traffic
  2. Forever & a Day!
    Forever & a Day!
    Blog Entries
    You HAVE to go to the aquarium if you are into that kind of thing Its amazing! The jellies are an awesome exhibit!

Serenity is the best Wifey a woman could ever ask for
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loved&Loving View Post
    You HAVE to go to the aquarium if you are into that kind of thing Its amazing! The jellies are an awesome exhibit!
    Oh most definitely! When we get a little more time and money I'm sure we will head over there for the day. I actually pulled up their page to see if they had any job listings. The one job I wanted wasn't open though

I keep seeing signs for a Monterey Museum of Art. Know anything about it? Is it worth it?
  4. Forever & a Day!
    Forever & a Day!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Palette View Post
    Oh most definitely! When we get a little more time and money I'm sure we will head over there for the day. I actually pulled up their page to see if they had any job listings. The one job I wanted wasn't open though

I keep seeing signs for a Monterey Museum of Art. Know anything about it? Is it worth it?
    Working at the aquarium would be AMAZING!!

I love art so I enjoy going to the art museum. Its not the biggest museum but it is definitely nice to go in and look at the art. Its pretty cheap too... only $10 for adults.

Also, if you like hiking, there are a lot of really nice trails to go hiking on. If you google hiking in Monterey, a ton will come up.

If you like museums, Pacific Grove's Museum of Natural History is interesting.

Moss Landing State Beach to see the otters.

And if you are up to going a little distance Pfeiffer Beach in Big Sur is gorgeous most of the year too.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loved&Loving View Post
    Working at the aquarium would be AMAZING!!

I love art so I enjoy going to the art museum. Its not the biggest museum but it is definitely nice to go in and look at the art. Its pretty cheap too... only $10 for adults.

Also, if you like hiking, there are a lot of really nice trails to go hiking on. If you google hiking in Monterey, a ton will come up.

If you like museums, Pacific Grove's Museum of Natural History is interesting.

Moss Landing State Beach to see the otters.

And if you are up to going a little distance Pfeiffer Beach in Big Sur is gorgeous most of the year too.
    Awesome! I'll have to write everything you listed down! I'm a huge art fanatic and it seems to be a little artsy town. I've passed several galleries that I'd like to take a look at sometime later on. DH has been asking me to go hiking with him too so the trails sound fun. I'm making notes of places to bring my camera and do a little photo-adventuring on the weekends. These places sound great! Thanks!
  6. Senior Member
    The aquarium. I love otters
    I misskrissyo 'cause we have a bangin' good time...emphasis on the bangin'.
    Miss[Pregg]O is my twinie!
    TatooBot! is my lesbian partner.

My Blog Updated:Usually weekly, because I forget to update when I updated.
  7. Forever & a Day!
    Forever & a Day!
    Blog Entries
    Awesome! I'll have to write everything you listed down! I'm a huge art fanatic and it seems to be a little artsy town. I've passed several galleries that I'd like to take a look at sometime later on. DH has been asking me to go hiking with him too so the trails sound fun. I'm making notes of places to bring my camera and do a little photo-adventuring on the weekends. These places sound great! Thanks!
    Of course It is a wonderful area to adventure in. Especially with your camera in hand.

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChandyPandy View Post
    The aquarium. I love otters
    I do too haha I can't wait to go now!
  9. Forever & a Day!
    Forever & a Day!
    Blog Entries
    I do too haha I can't wait to go now!
    Moss Landing State Beach usually has them hanging out there year round too

10. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Drive around and find your favorite beach spots It's fun to have your "spots" where you can take a picnic or whatever.
    Go check out some missions in the area, like this one: Mission San Carlos Borromeo de Carmelo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast