Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: YMCA Tierrasanta/Curves

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

YMCA Tierrasanta/Curves

Advertisements
    Hey ladies,

I recently joined Curves in Tierrasanta and it just doesn't seem to be working on any level. I looked up the YMCA in this area but I couldn't find a lot of stuff on it. Anyone have any suggestions for this area?
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    What exactly are you looking for? Like what types of classes?

You could call them. The YMCA in Tierrasanta is the Armed Forces one.
    Armed Services YMCA San Diego, Making Military Life Easier
    Their number is 858.751.5755

There's also the one in Mission Valley
    Mission Valley YMCA | Toby Wells YMCA

Depending on what you're looking for, the gym on 32nd street offers a lot of good classes.
    Group Exercise Classes | San Diego Navy Community Support Programs

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Thanks. I called them and they don't offer any classes or gym or anything. Oh well, thanks!
  4. Senior Member
    If you are in Tierrasanta, consider going to Miramar for classes. Free (or at least they were when I was doing them) and the facilities are pretty nice. One of their gyms is probably only 5 years or so old.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Senior Member
    When we lived in San Diego (in Murphy Canyon) we used the Toby Wells YMCA (off of Clairemont Mesa BLVD, behind Panda Express and Jack n the Box). With a membership at Toby Wells, I could also use the YMCA in Mission Valley. I liked Toby Wells YMCA. They had lost of equipment, offered childcare, and most of their classes were free with a membership. They have spin classes, yoga, aerobics, zumba, ect. They offer membership at a discounted rate for military. Our family membership was $44.00/month, but that was in 2009 so it may have gone up some.
    "What's so good about good-bye? It is good to be reminded that life is brief, at best, with no dress rehearsals, and the seasons we are privileged to share together are even more fleeting. Good-bye is good if it teaches us to cherish the life and breath, strength and sound mind, and the moments we are allowed to walk side by side with a friend. Good-bye is good if, in that difficult moment, we stand still long enough to give thanks to God for the lessons we've learned together, the love given, and the love received, recognizing that these are gifts from the hand of God." ~Marshele Carter Waddell