Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Diego Ladies Past & Present

1. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made

San Diego Ladies Past & Present

Advertisements
    Any of you know any good hiking trails? I'm feeling the itch to hike lately & DH said he'd go with me.

I'm talking about the real deal hiking, not just those touristy wimpy trails. But also ones where it'd be safe for DS because I plan to put him in his carrier on me.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  2. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

hang on. I think we have a really good book on hiking trails and camp grounds.

ETA- sorry our book is only for camping. I did find this website though and it seems like it would be very helpful.
    http://sandiegohikers.com/
  3. Senior Member
    Cowles Mountain is a good hike

www.mtrp.org/
  4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Thanks!

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. Regular Member
    We went camping at palomar mountain last year and there are a ton of really nice trails there. Down in Bonita you can get on some multi use trails, I havent been on any but plan on taking my horse out and exploring them.
  6. Senior Member

There is Iron Mountain near Poway, my dh loves going there. Also some hiking trails on San Miguel and as someone else mentioned Cowels Mountain.
  7. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Thank you I'll probably check out all of these sooner or later to find which one we like best.

I think I wanna try out Ramona Waterfall first, hoping the hike wont be so crowded since it's pretty cold out & a lot of people wont be going to swim.
    Plus, I don't think I've ever even seen a waterfall IRL.

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    Thank you I'll probably check out all of these sooner or later to find which one we like best.

I think I wanna try out Ramona Waterfall first, hoping the hike wont be so crowded since it's pretty cold out & a lot of people wont be going to swim.
    Plus, I don't think I've ever even seen a waterfall IRL.
    Are you talking about Ceder Creek Falls? If so a little more than a year ago they closed those trails because too many inexperienced hikers were getting hurt or having to be rescued out there. They have a pretty hefty fine posted for anyone found on the trails out there. Just thought I would let you know. It was a nice hike until you got down towards the falls, then it would be crowded, full of trash, alcohol, and weed.

I would suggest Mission Trails Regional Park, as some one else did already.
    ~ Sara ~
  9. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixi7272 View Post
    Are you talking about Ceder Creek Falls? If so a little more than a year ago they closed those trails because too many inexperienced hikers were getting hurt or having to be rescued out there. They have a pretty hefty fine posted for anyone found on the trails out there. Just thought I would let you know. It was a nice hike until you got down towards the falls, then it would be crowded, full of trash, alcohol, and weed.

I would suggest Mission Trails Regional Park, as some one else did already.
    This one?
    San Diego Hiking Trails Ramona-Waterfall-Hike | Hiking-Trails

10. Senior Member
    Yep that one. But I just found this article citing they are reopening some of the trails in April. 10News - Cedar Creeks Falls to stay closed with strict new rules for hiking nearby trails - News Story
    ~ Sara ~
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast