Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: camp pendleton anyone? and quick question

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hello camp pendleton anyone? and quick question

Advertisements
    I live off base in Vista right now but my husband and I are in the process of getting a house in San Onofre II
    We tried the living off base thing but this is just not for us. The drive for my husband and gas is really taking a tole.

Are any of you living in Pendleton or around there? I would love to meet people.

Also I have a question about base housing that we havnt been able to ask about; When you first move to base, do they want first and last months rent like an apartment would? Is there any down deposit that they would want? TIA

A little about me;
    Im 20 years old. I turn 21 in May
    Born and raised in WA state.
    I have 2 amazing cats. (1 of them plays catch. No joke. I have videos to prove it )
    My Marine and I got married this last August the day after he got home from Afghan
    Moved here to Cali in October.
    My big brother is stationed at Pendleton as well. But he has less than a year left in the Corps
    Im starting school soon and will be getting my AA in Criminology/ Criminal Justice.
    I plan on becoming a Police Officer and then working my way into Homicide.
    My favorite shows are Criminal Minds, Dexter and anything really involving crimes
    Animals are also a huge part of my life. I have applied to some animal shelters around this area and I am keeping my fingers crossed to get hired and expand my knowledge
    Vmigirl & missmay are my wifies!

DH is out of the Marines and now I'm joining the military!
    Excited to see what the next few years hold for us

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Anybody?
    Vmigirl & missmay are my wifies!

DH is out of the Marines and now I'm joining the military!
    Excited to see what the next few years hold for us

3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    DH works out of 32nd Street so we're not at Pendleton but we're not too far of a drive. Lincoln housing is different from my experience. At our last base, they required first month's rent but at our current housing they didn't. As far as I know, they don't ever require last month's rent though.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. Senior Member
    I'm in Vista too, right off the Sycamore exit Me and my husband recently got married back in November. He's at Camp Pendleton as well. How are you liking it here?
  5. Senior Member
    I'm here! We live in San Onofre I. The San O area is great! You'll love it. We love San Clemente. It's a great little beach town. You don't pay first and last month's rent up front. I mean, you pay the first month's rent, but it comes from his pay. You don't pay out of pocket. No deposit. You just move in and they start taking BAH directly from his paycheck.

Since you don't pay a deposit, they do have some move out costs. You will have to pay for any damages caused while you live there. They especially make a big deal about the carpets. They come through with a black light at the move out inspection to check for stains, and if there are any, you will have to pay to replace the carpet. It's a little ridiculous. I'm sure you'll hear lots of people's move out horror stories once you live here a while.
  6. Senior Member
    Feel free to ask me any other questions you have about housing. We've lived in this house for a little over 2 years, so we have plenty of experience with Lincoln and San O.
  7. Senior Member
    We live on Pendleton, but we are on the southern end. I live in the San Luis Rey housing area. I love it here.

8. I have a fever,and the only prescription is, MORE cowbell
    I have a fever,and the only prescription is, MORE cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtsyBelle View Post
    I'm here! We live in San Onofre I. The San O area is great! You'll love it. We love San Clemente. It's a great little beach town. You don't pay first and last month's rent up front. I mean, you pay the first month's rent, but it comes from his pay. You don't pay out of pocket. No deposit. You just move in and they start taking BAH directly from his paycheck.

Since you don't pay a deposit, they do have some move out costs. You will have to pay for any damages caused while you live there. They especially make a big deal about the carpets. They come through with a black light at the move out inspection to check for stains, and if there are any, you will have to pay to replace the carpet. It's a little ridiculous. I'm sure you'll hear lots of people's move out horror stories once you live here a while.
    I wonder, since it's a federal installation, if they have to abide by CA state law, and replace the carpets after 3 years anyhow. Just popped in my head,lol OP, DH is station at Pendleton, but we live in O-side

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombielvr17 View Post
    I wonder, since it's a federal installation, if they have to abide by CA state law, and replace the carpets after 3 years anyhow. Just popped in my head,lol OP, DH is station at Pendleton, but we live in O-side
    They replace them every 5 years. They prorate the cost of replacing the carpet (if it needs to be replaced early due to damage) depending on how long the carpet has been in the house.
  10. Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Blog Entries
    DH is at CP. We currently live in an apartment just off main gate but we'll be moving into a house on the back side in a couple weeks.

Jen2407 is my Wifey!

Come Check us out... Items designed for MilSo's!!
    Operation Military Sweethearts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast