Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Creech/Nellis AFB

1. Regular Member

Creech/Nellis AFB

Advertisements
    My husband is currently in tech school for the airforce. We live together now because his schooling is so long. We just found out we will be going to Creech in January. I'm a bit nervous. He is only an E-3 and it seems expensive to live there..Especially considering how far the drive is to creech. I read on a website the shuttle is for single airmen living in the dorm. Is that true? Or could my husband take it? Or is there some kind of car pooling set up where they can share gas?

Also, what is the average electricity bill out there? The bah isn't much so I'm trying to plan the housing situation out... I'm so stressed...and have a billion questions I can't even think of.
  2. Senior Member
    Is living on base not an option? I'm sorry, I don't know anything about Creech specifically.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Is living on base not an option? I'm sorry, I don't know anything about Creech specifically.
    There is no base housing at creech, there is base housing at Nellis about an hour away, but we don't want to live on base due to we've been told by too many people the waiting list is impossible, and they are doing the new utility allowance thing, and everyone I've spoken with is having serious issues. They get 150 a month and anything over 150 you have to pay, but most the women I've talked to said usually they pay 200 out of pocket and thats just not realistic for us to have no BAH and be paying electricity that high..Supposedly they run their homes at 80 too so its not like they're blasting their A/C (although they could be...It just seems everyone is having that problem and I don't want it too haha)
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Have you checked facebook for a Creech spouses' page? Those can be really helpful and another good page in general is "Moving House for the Military Spouse"

ETA: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1604...44444/?fref=ts
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazmine View Post
    Have you checked facebook for a Creech spouses' page? Those can be really helpful and another good page in general is "Moving House for the Military Spouse"

ETA: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1604...44444/?fref=ts
    I could only find their officer spouse group..Thank you!
  6. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Are you interested on buying a house? Houses are super cheap there. I've seen some really nice brand new condos going for 70,000$

7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    Are you interested on buying a house? Houses are super cheap there. I've seen some really nice brand new condos going for 70,000$
    We haven't really talked about buying..I don't think my husband would want to because he is afraid when we PCS again that we won't be able to rent it out or sell it again. We were looking to rent a house in the North/North west part of Vegas, but its so hard to tell what an area is like or what we can afford. Do you live out in Vegas/Nellis area?