Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Housing Questions About Nellis AFB

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Housing Questions About Nellis AFB

Advertisements
    I just found out the other day that my boyfriend is getting sent to Nellis AFB! We're very excited because we're from Boston (plus we've been long distance for almost 3 years) so this is a new experience for us! I'm hoping to go with him but we have a few questions about housing policy. We learned a few months ago that every base has different policies about rank and off-base housing. Right now he is an A1C and will be a SrA by April. We're hoping that in March I can move with him and we can live together right away but a lot of people have mentioned that certain bases will not allow A1Cs to live off-base. If you know anything about this please let me know! (I have many other questions but this is on the top of my list right now)

Thank you so much!
    Mariah.
  2. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    crazy. my name's miriah too and we're trying to go to nellis. so i'll be this thread

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I have a friend on base. I'm gonna try and text him for you in case no one else replies.
  4. Senior Member
    E4 and below usually can't live on base unless married or unless there isn't space... they'll let them move off if he has a line number for Staff, but that won't be any time soon.

If you do choose to move make sure you look into safe areas. Even gated communities can be dangerous. Definitely one of those places you want an alarm system.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    That's exciting!! I don't know anyone in the area so it's nice to have a fellow Miriah in the silent ranks Unfortunately I haven't gotten much information on this subject. We've e-mailed his sponsor and even he doesnt know!!
  6. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    It's not up to the base per se, its up to his commander. A career E4 (which is usually one who's been an E4 for 1-2 years) can move off base, but a brand new E4, less likely. Not that he can't, just not likely. He may not even be able to find out until he gets there and talks to his shirt and/or commander. I've known single E3's be approved to live off base (we had one living with us for a time) and many E4s.. it all just depends on what the commander wants, and what is/isn't available.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  7. Mouse Addict
    Mouse Addict
    Chris was an E3 when he moved off-base and was single. At Dover it's basically when the dorms get too full.
  8. Senior Member
    This link might help

(AND I would think twice about trying to get stationed here, its a total crap hole!)
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

9. Senior Member
    I live on Nellis. I know this thread is a couple months old but if others find it and want/need info ask away.
  10. I like my beats fast and my bass down low
    I like my beats fast and my bass down low
    Quote Originally Posted by Redchicken View Post
    This link might help

(AND I would think twice about trying to get stationed here, its a total crap hole!)
    I lived in Vegas for almost 10 years and while I haven't lived on base / don't have experience with the housing on post, etc. I wouldn't say its a total crap hole - I think the exchange and commissary are decent

I can say though that off base, there are actually quite a few places within a reasonable driving distance to/from the base that are really nice and upscale.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast