Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tucson/Vail, AZ

1. Senior Member

Tucson/Vail, AZ

Advertisements
    Anyone lived there? Vail specifically? How bad is the economy there for vets to get jobs? DH has been talking to a couple guys at Raytheon and it seems like they make good money for the COL in Arizona and that area. Just curious. It's somewhere we've talked about trying to get stationed, but curious about the civilian aspect too. We'd been looking at DC but the COL there freaks me out, plus I'm drawn to what people have said about the Vail school district.
  2. Regular Member

tucson is an older city, does has a lot of va and military close to it. i suggest living on the eastern side of tucson. its a big college town with U OF A in the heart of it, plus eastern side has less crime, newer homes. same with vail, oro valley/north tucson. vail is great. id move there! jobs are out there..
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I used to live in Corona De Tucson (Vail address but technically not part of Vail or Tucson). I graduated High School in Vail. I loved it. My dad loved it, and you weren't ridiculously far from much (maybe like 15 minutes). I don't know about vet employment tho.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Also, IBM is on the outskirts of Tucson towards Vail, or at least they used to be. Along with a SlimFast plant (im pretty sure) but I dont know if thats there anymore either.
  5. Senior Member
    I have lived in Tucson my whole life and I love it. The east side is very family oriented, as is the North side. Vail itself has pretty much nothing but a Walgreens and a Dairy Queen, but it's only 6 miles up the freeway to get to the first Tucson exit, so probably 15-20 minutes from the grocery store. There are lots of opportunities at Raytheon, and I have heard nothing but good things about working for them.

And as a teacher in Tucson, no doubt about it Vail is one of the best school districts around. The teachers are held to high standards and they have the significant tax base to make a lot of good things happen in their district. If I wasn't so set on working in a low-income school I'd be looking over there.

If you have any more questions feel free to PM me!
  6. Senior Member
    Just saw this. Thanks! I think we'd definitely choose to live in the Vail school district (I think Rita Ranch is technically Tucson but goes to Vail schools). I don't think I'd mind Tucson but I know others do. Hopefully we'll make it out there for a visit. DH was stationed there but that was 12 years ago now so I'm sure things have changed.
  7. Junior Member
    I loved Tucson We always lived on the east side, but when we were thinking of buying we were looking at Vail, Rita Ranch, and Sauhurita!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamzyn View Post
    I loved Tucson We always lived on the east side, but when we were thinking of buying we were looking at Vail, Rita Ranch, and Sauhurita!
    Thanks! For some reason I thought you didn't like it. I knew you guys were at DM while he was enlisted. Good to hear you liked it.
  9. Senior Member
    My sisters best friend has a beautiful home out in Vail. She loves the schools her kids are in. Tucson isn't so bad. I gripe about it often just because I want a new scenery. 23 years is just too long.
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over
  10. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Stephanie* View Post
    Thanks! For some reason I thought you didn't like it. I knew you guys were at DM while he was enlisted. Good to hear you liked it.
    I didn't like Barksdale lol We PCSd there after DM and I missed Tucson every day lol

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast