Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Woodlake -San Diego

  1. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    KaityBug's Avatar
    KaityBug is offline
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    10,893
    #1

    Woodlake -San Diego

    Advertisements
    Does anybody live there or know of anyone who does?
    Other than being far away (which we really don't mind) I can't seem to find any "con"s about it. I did an online walkthrough of the street, and it looked pretty much like what we want. There were tons of SUVs/mini vans and even a mom with a stroller.


    These are the notes I have so far:
    -$1100 a month for a 2 bedroom (freaking AWESOME... and sounds too good to be true)
    -totlots pool bball court picnic/bbq area spa
    -22 miles from base & only 1 1/2 baths (the only two con's so far)
    -ac + heat
    -garage
    -storage space
    -w&d hookups
    -okay size, good layout, large closets
    -near the town of Lakeside, which seems to be a decent area
    -petfree community, cool since we don't have pets
    -gated community!
    -alarm system

    I don't know about you, but this sounds pretty perfect AND it will save us a ton of money. Surely that is too good to be true.


  2. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    KaityBug's Avatar
    KaityBug is offline
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    10,893
    #2
    Anybody?? lol


  3. Team Rocket
    rocket_lizz's Avatar
    rocket_lizz is offline
    Team Rocket
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego!!!
    Posts
    9,069
    #3
    I dunno anything about the area but that is pretty far away from 32nd st. Your hubby is sure he'd be okay with the commute? San Diego traffic is unpredictable, in my experience. I left work at 6:45 last night, thinking that was plenty late that rush hour would be over... It took me an hour and 15 min to drive 38 miles But I drive a much different route than you guys would!
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  4. Certified G
    KateElizabeth's Avatar
    KateElizabeth is offline
    Certified G
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sunny Diego
    Posts
    1,885
    #4
    Aww, wish I could help, but I live in Temecula. and hopefully someone can help! Sounds perfect, though.

  5. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    KaityBug's Avatar
    KaityBug is offline
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    10,893
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I dunno anything about the area but that is pretty far away from 32nd st. Your hubby is sure he'd be okay with the commute? San Diego traffic is unpredictable, in my experience. I left work at 6:45 last night, thinking that was plenty late that rush hour would be over... It took me an hour and 15 min to drive 38 miles But I drive a much different route than you guys would!
    I was concerned about that at first, but he said he was. Someone else (I forgot who) said they live out that way and it takes like 35 minutes if you take back roads. Obviously I have NO clue how correct that information is, but he did say he would commute how ever long it takes so that we can have a home we like. I HATE where we live currently, but we chose it because it's so close to base. We're not going to make the same mistake again.


  6. Team Rocket
    rocket_lizz's Avatar
    rocket_lizz is offline
    Team Rocket
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego!!!
    Posts
    9,069
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by KaityBug View Post
    I was concerned about that at first, but he said he was. Someone else (I forgot who) said they live out that way and it takes like 35 minutes if you take back roads. Obviously I have NO clue how correct that information is, but he did say he would commute how ever long it takes so that we can have a home we like. I HATE where we live currently, but we chose it because it's so close to base. We're not going to make the same mistake again.
    Go for it if he's fine with driving! I enjoy the east side of the city, that's for sure. Actually, I think military has an easier time commuting because they're earlier than the general rush hour, coming home would probably be the only busy time. He may be able to carpool too, DF did for a while with his old ship
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  7. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    KaityBug's Avatar
    KaityBug is offline
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    10,893
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Go for it if he's fine with driving! I enjoy the east side of the city, that's for sure. Actually, I think military has an easier time commuting because they're earlier than the general rush hour, coming home would probably be the only busy time. He may be able to carpool too, DF did for a while with his old ship
    That's really true! And good idea about the carpooling.


  8. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    KaityBug's Avatar
    KaityBug is offline
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    10,893
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by KateElizabeth View Post
    Aww, wish I could help, but I live in Temecula. and hopefully someone can help! Sounds perfect, though.
    Thanks, I really hope so too!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •