Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Is there a body of water anywhere near twentynine palms that..

1. Gone Hiking
    Gone Hiking

Is there a body of water anywhere near twentynine palms that..

Advertisements
    Specifically allows for kayaking and/or paddle boarding? I'm looking but having a hard time finding anything and I'd really prefer not to do ocean kayaking or paddle boarding for now. Anyone have any suggestions?
  2. Don't threaten me with a good time .....
    Don't threaten me with a good time .....
    There is Lake Perris State Recreation Area off the 215 S (60 West to 215 South), in the area of the March Air Reserve Base if you know where that's at. It's about an hour and a half (give or take) from 29 Palms Base. Lake Perris SRA

There is also Diamond Valley Lake which is closer to Temecula. A lil farther off from the 215 S, I think Hwy 79 Winchester Rd is the route that take you there. Diamond Valley Lake is another 25 min or so past Lake Perris. The official Diamond Valley Lake Web site

I have no clue if either Lake allows kayaking or paddle boarding though, sorry. I don't see why they wouldn't, they allow boat fishing at Diamond Valley. Those are the only 2 recreational bodies of water in that area, im sure there are more if you go to the 1st website link you can search all the CA State Parks & such by county, name, etc. Hope that helps!! :-)

~ giggles is my wifey ~ ~ bettycrocker is my brain twin ~
  3. Senior Member
    Big bear lake. Its about 1.5 hour drive there. It is so pretty up there

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  4. Gone Hiking
    Gone Hiking
    Thanks for the replies! I called Perris lake and they do allow paddle boarding and kayaking, so that's good. I looked up Big Bear and I think those are allowed there as well. It's too bad everything seems so far away.lol
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    You might also want to check Lake Havasu as well. It's about 3 hours or so minutes from 29 Palms. I remember being station there and a few guys I know would drive out there with Jet Ski's so I'm sure they would do kayaking.
  6. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    lol yeah. big bear is the closest body of water you will find except your bathtub!
  7. Regular Member
    I say your best bet is big bear lake. I grew up in Perris and lake Perris is very dirty and trashy.