Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SD ladies...

1. trying to keep my head above water....
    trying to keep my head above water....

SD ladies...

Advertisements
    ...i have a little problem. i want to get together with people for playdates, but my husband and i are really paranoid about just meeting people on the internet like this, so is there anyone out there who is willing to take it slow?? like talk on the phone and on here and get to know each other and then meet like at public places then do the playdate thing??
    Single Mommy to my Buggah Butt Elizabeth (11/20/06)

Thanks Crystal! I it!
  2. Senior Member
    I have met 75% of the San Diego girls here on SOS (I've been an SD girl for a long time) and can honestly say that all of the women that I have met at the g2gs are very real and very sweet. The worst they might do is love on your daughter a little too much! I am a lousy phone talker because I prefer to meet people in person first. (Some irrational thing that was passed down from my grandmother, mother, and I about being afraid of the phone.) I wanted to add that most of the time, if there are going to be a lot of people, we do meet at a public place. Coffee gets held at Starbucks when there are going to be a lot of people.

3. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    i'm not a big phone person....

honestly, personally, if i was that paranoid, i wouldn't be posting on a message board in the first place, especially not posting pics of my daughter on it.... but that's just my personal thoughts on it.
  4. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    im not a phone person either at all....a lot of our g2gs are for coffee in public places if thats what your freaked out about
  5. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    LoL and Ive gone to a get together and everyone was great. Ive also done stuff with Beckie before and so far everyone ive met is safe. I dont mind talking on here but phone honestly I avoid..lol. Lets do a park playdate first if you want.
  6. trying to keep my head above water....
    trying to keep my head above water....
    i'm not paranoid at all really. i think my husband is just afraid cuz i mean i wuold be going to someones house i dont even know. regardless if i met them on the internet or at work. if its someone we dont really know, he gets paranoid. public places are better for starting out i think lol. i didnt mean to offend anyone. i'm just trying to make things work out for planning playdates.
    Single Mommy to my Buggah Butt Elizabeth (11/20/06)

Thanks Crystal! I it!
  7. Senior Member
    I am totally fine with public... there is a MCDonalds near my house if that makes everyone more comfy...
    I offered up my phone number if you want to chat. Honestly its fine. I only suggested my place because 1) I don't really feel comfortable driving around, 2) I have a park right by my house, but its a little chilly for babies, 3) I get to serve coffe and goodies, which I thought might make it easier for those who could not afford to go to Starbucks...
    I am pretty open and friendly... I met JoyS on here and now I watch her kids. I would not have friends out here if it weren't for this board. If it makes your hubby and you feel better, I can even meet you sometime tonight or what ever together so then he (and you) might feel better. I have a Starbucks right across from my house. Just give me a jingle!
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde
  8. Senior Member
    Oh and I have also met cangelicious... her daughter is my daughter's best friend!
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde
  9. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    I think going to your house is good we could start at macdonalds if that would help but I want coffee>..
  10. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    lets just meet at your house this time if thats okay...the weather is yucky and were really tight on money till pay day
    if thats okay?? maybe next time we can go to a public place?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast