Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Orleck Heights

1. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made

Orleck Heights

Advertisements
    Does anyone happen to have any pictures of the 2 bedroom houses?

DH & I are looking at non-military housing right now while we're on the waiting list because we honestly don't want to deal with lincoln housing in SD. They were nothing but rude & nasty to us but DH wants to see what the inside looks like.

We drove through the community & we saw what the inside of Aero Ridge looks like at his sponsor's house but we're curious. We'll deal with a 2-bedroom if we have to but if we find something bigger out in town then we'll take that in a heartbeat because we are currently equipped for a 3-bedroom so we'll have to sell a lot or put in storage.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  2. Senior Member
    I have seen pictures of the inside from a friend on FB. Its small but doable. But i have to say, they are giving more people 3 bedrooms than 2 bedrooms. Only because 3's come open more often that 2's. You could get lucky.

3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by SubmarineWife View Post
    I have seen pictures of the inside from a friend on FB. Its small but doable. But i have to say, they are giving more people 3 bedrooms than 2 bedrooms. Only because 3's come open more often that 2's. You could get lucky.
    They told us that there's no way that we'd get a 3 bedroom. And that if we want, we can put ourselves on the waiting list for a 3 bedroom but when they come available, they'll be given to those who actually qualify for them first. But if it is too small, we can't take it... there's no way we can bring a Mastiff into a small house.

But I hope so. DH's sponsor's wife was telling us that too but so far, all I want to do is slap everyone in the housing office for being a straight up bitch to us.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. Senior Member

I can't imagine how small the 2 bedrooms would be, some friends live in a 3 bedroom in Orleck and it is small. They have two big Akitas who are over 100lbs each, though and they seem to make it work.
  5. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    I can't imagine how small the 2 bedrooms would be, some friends live in a 3 bedroom in Orleck and it is small. They have two big Akitas who are over 100lbs each, though and they seem to make it work.
    Crap. I can't go back to small-space living.

6. Senior Member
    They "have" to say that there is no way they will give you a 3 bedroom. But they do. I've seen it happen so many times. Heck my friend got a 4 bedroom and they only qualify for a 3 bedroom. When we were dealing with housing before our move, they kept telling us the same thing. But due to a hotel not taking about 100+ lbs lab they offered us a 3 bedroom single family home in Chesterton. There would have been no way we could have lived in a hotel for the 3-6 month wait they told us if none of the hotels took us.

7. Senior Member
    I'm sorry they were such asshats! I dealt with the same thing. Honestly, I badgered them until I got housing. We only qualify for a two bedroom, but got a 3 bedroom- So there is hope!!! for you!
  8. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Well, DH called them about getting a 3 bedroom because his sponsor's wife told us how her friend qualified for a 2 bedroom but were already in a 3 bedroom so they hassled them for it.

So he called, did the same since we're in a 3 bedroom right now in military housing (they told us that the military would not allow us a 3 bedroom so DH got them to shut up with that when he corrected them ). But then they decided to pull out the rank card, get really nasty with him & then called our housing office here & told them that we were moving (when we're not yet). We got a call from housing telling us that we have 30 days to leave basically so now DH has to send in a request with his new command with permission for me to stay in my own house here until we find a place.