Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Canyon View Housing Commute?!?

1. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!

Question Canyon View Housing Commute?!?

Advertisements
    Hubster will be stationed at NAS North Island. Was wondering if anyone is living in Canyon View and makes the commute to Coronado. This housing community looks very appealing to me, at least online...LOL! Thanks in advance!!!
  2. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Since he will be stationed on north island and will have to cross the bridge probably 45 minutes on average with traffic.

Mileage isn't to bad it's just the traffic jams that you get stuck in every morning.
  3. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Just double checking that you know that housing facility is for W1-O5 per the website.
  4. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbynormal View Post
    Since he will be stationed on north island and will have to cross the bridge probably 45 minutes on average with traffic.

Mileage isn't to bad it's just the traffic jams that you get stuck in every morning.
    Thanks Abby! That still sounds like it'd be an awfully long commute.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbynormal View Post
    Just double checking that you know that housing facility is for W1-O5 per the website.
    Yes, Hubster made the jump to the "dark side" a couple years ago.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Hubster will be stationed at NAS North Island. Was wondering if anyone is living in Canyon View and makes the commute to Coronado. This housing community looks very appealing to me, at least online...LOL! Thanks in advance!!!
    It depends on the time of day he is driving in. When the Makin Island pulled in to San Diego for the first time it was over at North Island for about a month (it moved after commissioning ceremonies). DH made the commute from Murphy Canyon housing (which Canyon View is a part of) to North Island during that time. It took him about 35 minutes. A little trick my hubby used was to take the I-15 all the way down to I-5 north, then hit the bridge off the 5 that way. He avoided most of downtown traffic that way. Going 8 East to the 5 or the 163, puts you in the mess of downtown traffic. Honestly, unless you live on Coronado, you are going to have to deal with the bridge and traffic. As far as the officer housing goes, I think Canyon View will be the easiest commute to North Island (again unless you live on Coronado). Its straight highway from Canyon View to the island. I've heard it is quite a wait for officer housing so get on that list ASAP.
    "What's so good about good-bye? It is good to be reminded that life is brief, at best, with no dress rehearsals, and the seasons we are privileged to share together are even more fleeting. Good-bye is good if it teaches us to cherish the life and breath, strength and sound mind, and the moments we are allowed to walk side by side with a friend. Good-bye is good if, in that difficult moment, we stand still long enough to give thanks to God for the lessons we've learned together, the love given, and the love received, recognizing that these are gifts from the hand of God." ~Marshele Carter Waddell
  6. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by navywifeplus3 View Post
    It depends on the time of day he is driving in. When the Makin Island pulled in to San Diego for the first time it was over at North Island for about a month (it moved after commissioning ceremonies). DH made the commute from Murphy Canyon housing (which Canyon View is a part of) to North Island during that time. It took him about 35 minutes. A little trick my hubby used was to take the I-15 all the way down to I-5 north, then hit the bridge off the 5 that way. He avoided most of downtown traffic that way. Going 8 East to the 5 or the 163, puts you in the mess of downtown traffic. Honestly, unless you live on Coronado, you are going to have to deal with the bridge and traffic. As far as the officer housing goes, I think Canyon View will be the easiest commute to North Island (again unless you live on Coronado). Its straight highway from Canyon View to the island. I've heard it is quite a wait for officer housing so get on that list ASAP.
    Thank you so much for the info!!! As soon as my husband gets me his Page 2, I am going to get all the housing stuff started. I am from the area, so we will be staying at my parents' house until we get a place in housing.