Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: San Diego. Military housing bah

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

San Diego. Military housing bah

Advertisements
    Was wondering about how the bah works with the Lincoln military housing. Is it all taken away or do we pay a portion. Moving next year. And heard to stay in the Tierra Santa, eastlake, or coronado area for the schools. Have two kids. Any help? Need 3 bedrooms
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Depends on which housing you are in. Some do take all BAH, others don't.
  3. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Go to the Lincolns website, there is a wealth of knowledge there. Also, I don't know how far in advance you can be put on a wait list but I also suggest you give them a call. DH and I waited over 3 months for our apartment. There is always something available somewhere it just might not be what you want. As long as you SO already has ordered they will be willi g to help you.

I did everything long distance with the Lincoln and the staff was amazing. DH was deployed at the time and I did everything over the phone and via fax.

As for bah, as mamastrong said, some places take the entire amount of bah you get and others don't. DH and I live in a one bedroom apartment, no kids. Rent is $900/ month, utilities included. Our housing allowance, I believe is just over $1900 so we get the rest and pay other bills with it.

My friend lives in lofgren terrace and she has a two bedroom duplex. She. Loves it there and they pAy1600/month. I'm not sure if lofgren has three bedroom homes or not. Also check pet policies if you have cats or dogs. A lot of places are not pet friendly out here and the ones that are could have a longer wait-list.

Good luck! If you have any other specific questions let me know, I'll try and help.