Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: near or in San Diego

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

near or in San Diego

Advertisements
    HI me and DB want to live in or in the surrounding area of San Diego county....anyone ever live in Imperial County? Whats it like?

can anyone tell me a good area to live in?
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Hi! I live in Rancho San Diego. It's kinda far from the coast/downtown but I really like it here
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    I live in San Marcos which is North Country San Diego. I like it up here it's MUCH cheaper then living in the main part of the city, we save a little over $200 compared to when we lived in central San Diego. Then it's also nicer for the most part, and the crime rate out here is lower as well.

I don't personally care for Imperial County, but you may love it. Some people love that area for me personally though I'd not want to live there. That and it seemed to cost more to own an animal there(pet rent was higher at the few places we found in that area.)

Another nice area is Lakeside! It's very "country" and kinda small town feeling over there which I love. The crime rate over there is lower then it'd be living in the main part of San Diego. Then the cost of living(rent/pet rent) is cheaper and you can find nicer places then you'd find in the city within price range. Oh and washer and driers in more units for decent prices which is a plus! (Before we had washer and drier in unit we were paying about $3 to do just ONE load of laundry. That was before adding in cost of laundry soap and such we also use. )

For sure I'd say stick to trying to live further away from the "center" of San Diego. It's simi cheaper to MUCH cheaper that way, and you'll get nicer areas staying out of the main part of the city as well. The whole central area if not living in housing IMHO is a hell hole that makes me want to buy a gun. Then again most big cities aren't exactly even close to nice when it comes to the main areas closer to the down town area. Unless you're rich and can afford the very few supper nice areas down there.....
    Signature removed due to size.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We live in Tierrasanta which is right by a large district of military housing (but we don't live in the military housing) it's a really nice safe area, lots of schools! If you have any questions you can PM me about a specific area and I can let you know if I know anything about it
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    thank you everyone for your post!! I am kinda looking for apartments and you all really helped me
  6. Praying for a Miracle
    Praying for a Miracle
    We live in Rancho Penasquitos - nice area. Great schools.

We just moved from downtown. I loved living down there, but the nice places are pretty pricey.

Pleeeeeease stick!!!