Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Albuquerque, NM restaurants

1. Senior Member

Albuquerque, NM restaurants

Advertisements
    I'm going to visit DH on Friday () and we're looking to go out for a nice dinner at least one night of my trip. We heard one good suggestion of 'this restaurant on top of the mountain' but they didn't know the name.

So...any suggestions? I'm a steak fan, but any great places will be great!!
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  2. Senior Member
    Garcias or little anitas or los cuatos = awesome mexican

the melting pot ( havent been there just what i heard)

papadoxs (sp? its near 1 25 n paseo i can give better directions) its sea food , had some steaks there too i think.

texas roadhouse ( near the one above ) steaks

long horn steak house

i thinki pmed you with my number before , if so text me and i can probably come up w ith more ideas if ya want

oh and the restruant on top of the mountain , i have never been there but i know you have to ride the tram up so maybe google alb tramway?
    Due March 19 2009 born at 31w6d,54 day NICU stay(home march 11th w/o anything),4 days on vent,40ish days on O2 after that
    Due March 11 2012 born at 35w 1 d, 11 day NICU stay(home Feb 17 with O2 ),27 days on Oxygen
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I'm going to visit DH on Friday () and we're looking to go out for a nice dinner at least one night of my trip. We heard one good suggestion of 'this restaurant on top of the mountain' but they didn't know the name.

So...any suggestions? I'm a steak fan, but any great places will be great!!
    Pleeeeeeeeeeease don't go to a chain restaurant! There's a GREAT speak-easy style steak house called Vernon's...it used to be pretty secretive, but now it's a bit more mainstream. You have to call to make a reservation in advance, at which point they give you the "password"....when you show up, it's a door on the side of a liquor store and you knock, they slide a panel and you tell the password and they let you in! It's got a great east coast mobster feel to it on the inside, with live lounge singers some nights. Fantastic atmosphere, SO romantic and delicious. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. You're looking at real, good cuts of meat so the prices are what you'd expect from a really good steakhouse (in other words, be prepared to spend), but it's fantastic. Here's a link with some info!: Vernon

ETA: The restaurant on top of the Sandia Tramway (High Finance) is nice, but overpriced and not even remotely as tasty as I wanted it to be for what I paid.
  4. Senior Member
    Thank you both so much! I was so disappointed with the Mexican food the first time I went. (yellow cheese dip? It tasted like Nacho cheese. ) I will have to give those a try!

That speakeasy sounds amazing. We have one here in Columbia that I love. What sort of food do they serve?

And thanks for the review on High Finance, I'm so glad we didn't waste our money there! I hate restaurants that base their prices on location rather than food.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBear View Post
    Pleeeeeeeeeeease don't go to a chain restaurant! There's a GREAT speak-easy style steak house called Vernon's...it used to be pretty secretive, but now it's a bit more mainstream. You have to call to make a reservation in advance, at which point they give you the "password"....when you show up, it's a door on the side of a liquor store and you knock, they slide a panel and you tell the password and they let you in! It's got a great east coast mobster feel to it on the inside, with live lounge singers some nights. Fantastic atmosphere, SO romantic and delicious. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. You're looking at real, good cuts of meat so the prices are what you'd expect from a really good steakhouse (in other words, be prepared to spend), but it's fantastic. Here's a link with some info!: Vernon

ETA: The restaurant on top of the Sandia Tramway (High Finance) is nice, but overpriced and not even remotely as tasty as I wanted it to be for what I paid.

i've never heard on verons ! oh i think im gonna have to try it
    Due March 19 2009 born at 31w6d,54 day NICU stay(home march 11th w/o anything),4 days on vent,40ish days on O2 after that
    Due March 11 2012 born at 35w 1 d, 11 day NICU stay(home Feb 17 with O2 ),27 days on Oxygen
  6. Senior Member
    oh and for desert you should go to I scream ice cream it's such a cool little shop and the man that runs it is really nice . it's off 140.....i cant remember the exit but i can ask dh .
  7. AKA USAFgfChels
    AKA USAFgfChels

Elephant Bar! I love that place!!
  8. Senior Member
    Friday you say?! Lol I get way too excited when I find out people are coming here haha. But Vernon's is an awsome suggestion. High finance is overpriced but I think it's morw about the experience. If you have time go up the tram at least just to see the view and take some pictures. I've heard good things about El Patron as well I thibk that would be my New Mexican food suggestion.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HerAirmansLove View Post
    Friday you say?! Lol I get way too excited when I find out people are coming here haha. But Vernon's is an awsome suggestion. High finance is overpriced but I think it's morw about the experience. If you have time go up the tram at least just to see the view and take some pictures. I've heard good things about El Patron as well I thibk that would be my New Mexican food suggestion.
    I want to ride the Tram, DH and I are hikers (apparently ) and plan on hiking to the top (9 miles? Yeah, right.) to watch the sunsest.

10. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Garcia's would be my first suggestion (and where my Tia Anna would take you), although my family is also fond of Monroe's. El Pinto is one that all the Presidents go to.

I was at Elephant Bar in October and we all enjoyed our entrees. I don't think of it as "New Mexican" though.

There was an announcement that the Tram was closed for repairs - but I don't remember the dates (I think it is over, but check first.)

Not for a fancy meal, but one of our first stops is a Blake's Lotaburger. You really need a green chile burger.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast