Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: camp pendleton housing?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

camp pendleton housing?

Advertisements
    I still have a while till DB gets home from deployment and till we are married but I just wanted to get some info on housing here please. DB is as clueless as I am
    I want to live on base so my brother (also a marine stationed here when hes not deployed) can be near us.

1. What are the steps to getting a house on base once we are married?
    2. How long does it take to get a place?
    3. Do you live on or near base? & what does your house look like? feel free to add photos
    4. Any other info i should have?

Thank you in advance!
    Vmigirl & missmay are my wifies!

DH is out of the Marines and now I'm joining the military!
    Excited to see what the next few years hold for us

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I live on base at Camp Pendleton. The housing communities on base differ GREATLY from neighborhood to neighborhood and depending on rank and family size. Lincoln Military Housing has a website where you can view the options, floorplans, and photos.

We live in Wire Mountain 3 and are considered "maxed out" on housing in a four bedroom. I love our base house. It has it's issues, but what housing doesn't?

There is immediate availability for some communities (we're talking 24 hours to move in) and others are waitlists. You apply through the housing office.

BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybun View Post
    I live on base at Camp Pendleton. The housing communities on base differ GREATLY from neighborhood to neighborhood and depending on rank and family size. Lincoln Military Housing has a website where you can view the options, floorplans, and photos.

We live in Wire Mountain 3 and are considered "maxed out" on housing in a four bedroom. I love our base house. It has it's issues, but what housing doesn't?

There is immediate availability for some communities (we're talking 24 hours to move in) and others are waitlists. You apply through the housing office.

perfect!! im going to check out that website and do some dreaming I cant wait to move there

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

5. Senior Member
    We are in South Mesa 4 bedrooms. I love it. But again housing depends on rank and number of dependants. The first step is to figure out which end of base your husband works at. Consider which end of base you want to live at and travel time from housing areas. Then look at the housing you qualify for. Get peoples opinions on those areas. Most housing is open or has very little wait. Exceptions are 4 bedrooms. :-)

Try this site. Find Pendleton under the photos section. Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cuttielawgirl View Post
    We are in South Mesa 4 bedrooms. I love it. But again housing depends on rank and number of dependants. The first step is to figure out which end of base your husband works at. Consider which end of base you want to live at and travel time from housing areas. Then look at the housing you qualify for. Get peoples opinions on those areas. Most housing is open or has very little wait. Exceptions are 4 bedrooms. :-)

Try this site. Find Pendleton under the photos section. Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
    thank you very much!!! i looked at the pics and im super excited!
    DB is in northern camp pendleton and wants to be near there if its possible

7. Senior Member
    We live in San Onofre housing, which is at the far north of base. Keep in mind the base is HUGE so you really need to consider where your DB works and how long his commute would be when choosing which neighborhood to live in. We love San Onofre. It's about 20 minutes from where DH works. We prefer the San Clemente area to Oceanside area. We've lived in both and it's just a personal preference.

As far as your questions: To get a house, your then husband or you with POA need to call or go to the Lincoln Military Housing office, choose a neighborhood, and get your name on the list. Wait time really depends on neighborhoods. Some have availability right away and some may take a couple months. Once they have a house for you, you'll sign the lease and give you the keys! We have a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom house. We don't have any children, so we use the second bedroom for a guest room. It is one story. The bedrooms are a little small, but work just fine for us. We have a backyard in out neighborhood, but not all neighborhoods have yards. Some only have patios. Only certain neighborhoods are pet friendly, so if you have or plan on having pets, keep that in mind. The facebook page cuttielawgirl posted is a pretty good resource. They don't have photos of all housing areas, but you can get somewhat of an idea of what base housing looks like. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtsyBelle View Post
    We live in San Onofre housing, which is at the far north of base. Keep in mind the base is HUGE so you really need to consider where your DB works and how long his commute would be when choosing which neighborhood to live in. We love San Onofre. It's about 20 minutes from where DH works. We prefer the San Clemente area to Oceanside area. We've lived in both and it's just a personal preference.

As far as your questions: To get a house, your then husband or you with POA need to call or go to the Lincoln Military Housing office, choose a neighborhood, and get your name on the list. Wait time really depends on neighborhoods. Some have availability right away and some may take a couple months. Once they have a house for you, you'll sign the lease and give you the keys! We have a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom house. We don't have any children, so we use the second bedroom for a guest room. It is one story. The bedrooms are a little small, but work just fine for us. We have a backyard in out neighborhood, but not all neighborhoods have yards. Some only have patios. Only certain neighborhoods are pet friendly, so if you have or plan on having pets, keep that in mind. The facebook page cuttielawgirl posted is a pretty good resource. They don't have photos of all housing areas, but you can get somewhat of an idea of what base housing looks like. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.
    the far north of base area is where DB wants to be too. Its near where he works
    I hope that once we find a home, we will be able to move in right away!!
    & we would also just want a 2 bedroom house for right now. I have two kitties and in about a year or two DB will be adopting his IED dog and the dog will live with us. so hopefully sometime we end up with a yard.
    I will check out that facebook page right now Seeing and talking about housing just makes me want deployment to be over even more! I cant wait to decorate our house.
    Thank you for answering all of my questions! and I will PM yoou if i need any more help!

9. ALG
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCgf1 View Post
    the far north of base area is where DB wants to be too. Its near where he works
    I hope that once we find a home, we will be able to move in right away!!
    & we would also just want a 2 bedroom house for right now. I have two kitties and in about a year or two DB will be adopting his IED dog and the dog will live with us. so hopefully sometime we end up with a yard.
    I will check out that facebook page right now Seeing and talking about housing just makes me want deployment to be over even more! I cant wait to decorate our house.
    Thank you for answering all of my questions! and I will PM yoou if i need any more help!

wait, who is he with? my husband just left to afghan on sat as an IED dog handler with 1 CEB. we live on the south end of base... mostly because i work in the opposite direction that he does... and i LOVE it.. and he only has a 30 minute commute. (i have a 35-45 minute commute otherwise we would have looked on the other end.) just something to keep in mind... your only allowed a max of 2 animals on base no matter where you live. but once we finished our application, we were actually able to move in the same day. like everyone said, just depends on the neighborhood you're looking at.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ALG View Post
    wait, who is he with? my husband just left to afghan on sat as an IED dog handler with 1 CEB. we live on the south end of base... mostly because i work in the opposite direction that he does... and i LOVE it.. and he only has a 30 minute commute. (i have a 35-45 minute commute otherwise we would have looked on the other end.) just something to keep in mind... your only allowed a max of 2 animals on base no matter where you live. but once we finished our application, we were actually able to move in the same day. like everyone said, just depends on the neighborhood you're looking at.
    my df has been gone almost 2 months and is with 2/5
    I cant wait to live on base!! ill be down in hopefully 7 months

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast