Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix, AZ

1. missing my sanity
    missing my sanity
    Blog Entries

Phoenix, AZ

Advertisements
    Hey Ladies,

DB was offered a job in Phoenix, AZ. I've only been there a few times for a week at a time when we would visit my grandmother there.

Can you tell me what it's like and what there is to do there? If you have little one's in school, how are the schools there? DB's son is still in Preschool (and we are still trying to get the adoption/custody)

Any other tidbits about the area would be greatly appreciated.

2. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I lived there till I was 18. What part of Phoenix?

I don't think I appreciated everything Phx has to offer while I lived there. There are so many hiking areas, great pro sports teams, flagstaff and other pretty areas to to north, and Tucson down south.

Flips flops YEAR ROUND.

Water parks in the summer.

Hmmm...I'll think of more.

life's a party, rock your body
  3. sassypants
    sassypants
    To me, Pheonix is all about the hiking avaiable close by, but maybe that is because I work at REI

Ask briannaBananna, she has lived there for a few years attending ASU.
    rocket_liz is my wifey
  4. missing my sanity
    missing my sanity
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrsjennyy View Post

I don't think I appreciated everything Phx has to offer while I lived there. There are so many hiking areas, great pro sports teams, flagstaff and other pretty areas to to north, and Tucson down south.

Flips flops YEAR ROUND.

HECK YEAH!! LOL

Okay, I'm easily sold on it...but DB is looking more into it about cost of living, weather, school, night life, housing, etc.

It will be Chandler, AZ

5. sassypants
    sassypants
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjennyy View Post

Flips flops YEAR ROUND.

wait, isnt that everywehre??????
    rocket_liz is my wifey
  6. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skatie View Post
    HECK YEAH!! LOL

Okay, I'm easily sold on it...but DB is looking more into it about cost of living, weather, school, night life, housing, etc.

It will be Chandler, AZ
    Ah, I went to high school in Ahwatukee right by Chandler. Very nice area and I swear it grows more and more every time I visit home.

However, I am not a good person to ask since I moved away for college at 18 and haven't lived there for 7 years. I only go back for Holidays to see family.

Downtown Tempe by ASU is way fun for night life though, and also during the day for shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by WiggleWiggle~ View Post
    wait, isnt that everywehre??????
    Eff you. and no.

7. Senior Member
    Born and raised in Mesa.

I like it. It's a big city so there's a lot to do. Science Center is probably my favorite thing in Phoenix, but we have a number of zoos and aquariums, some museums. Hiking, boating, water parks and public pools for summer months. I know someone mentioned shopping and nightlife in Tempe, but I personally like Scottsdale (for shopping, at least).

Uhm, it's HOT in the summer. Like really hot. Like, I know people whine about humidity and we don't have that, but I think when you're over 110 it kind of doesn't matter. So, expect to spend a lot on A/C in the summer. I don't think housing is bad or anything, but the cost of running the A/C through the summer months is pretty ridiculous (idk if that's like everywhere or not, I've only lived here).
  8. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    Born and raised in Mesa.

I like it. It's a big city so there's a lot to do. Science Center is probably my favorite thing in Phoenix, but we have a number of zoos and aquariums, some museums. Hiking, boating, water parks and public pools for summer months. I know someone mentioned shopping and nightlife in Tempe, but I personally like Scottsdale (for shopping, at least).

Uhm, it's HOT in the summer. Like really hot. Like, I know people whine about humidity and we don't have that, but I think when you're over 110 it kind of doesn't matter. So, expect to spend a lot on A/C in the summer. I don't think housing is bad or anything, but the cost of running the A/C through the summer months is pretty ridiculous (idk if that's like everywhere or not, I've only lived here).
    MMhmmm.

People say they like dry heat better than humidity...but 120 degrees is well and beyond dry.

9. missing my sanity
    missing my sanity
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the info. If anyone has any more I'd love to hear it.

My grandmother lives in Glendale so I've been there a few times. The dry heat is easier to handle than the humidity (my personal opinion). Plus if we do move there, I'll be close to grammy and her pool

My mom lived there many many years ago and she goes to visit her mom more often than I do so I told DB to call her...but he's scared to call her. even though she loves talking to him and they've met.

DB is refreshing his resume and I'm he gets this job. I think he will really like this job if he gets it. He's tired of working on jets and being outside in the weather all the time. This job is working inside in a very clean environment (working on computer parts). So here is hoping he gets the job and we can move to AZ.

10. Senior Member
    I was born and raised in Peoria, AZ. I have lived in Tempe for the past 6 years though.

As far as things to do, there are quite a few things especially for younger kids. There is a natural history museum, a child's play museum, science center, the zoo and so on. I know Tempe library has free tickets to these places also that you can "check out".

There are a lot of outdoor things also, hiking, kayaking, fishing. DH and I do rock climbing.

Chandler has some great schools, a long with some iffy ones.

One plus is that it is only a 6 hour drive to the beach in San Diego! So it's easy to go on a short vacation!
    ~Sara~
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast